Question for the new AT&T custumers

ta2smitty

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Are you overall happy you made the switch to AT&T to get the iPhone? What carrier did you leave for AT&T?

For all of you with AT&T service problems would you say it was worth it?
I'm chomping at the bit to get the iPhone, I put of the first one to wait until this one came out. I'm a big Mac user and love my ipods, all three of them.;). I'm just worried that I'm not going to be happy with AT&T shoddy service.
thanks folks for the help.

flipper421

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Oregon
It has only been a few days since I purchased my iPhone from AT&T of DF and have been using the phone since last friday. So far the reception for 3g has been really good I'm hitting 4-5 bars most of the time. As for cell coverage I have not had one dropped call yet.

I did get double charged for my phone and have not been able to get resolution on the credit yet. I blame this on the corporate system not the local store I purchased it from. Up until this year they have never had to deal with DF orders. They ran my debit card first and did not know that they could not do it that way, the computer accepted the charge but instructed them to run it through as a credit card instead to complete the transaction. So the end result is a debit charge on the day the DF was placed, and then another pending charge (hold) on my account for an additional $299 (did not take the money) and then when the phone shipped they hit my account for the 2nd $299. It has been 7 days and no credit yet. They cannot initiate the credit from the store, it must come from corporate.

This is ok as I have plenty of $$ in the account, but others may not be so lucky to have the discretionary money in there.

I was happy with my service on the DF and my White 16gig 3G is awesome. It only took 4 days to get to the store.

I'm hoping things will go well this time around with AT&T as my last experience with them 5 years ago was not good. I'm porting over from Sprint and was very satisfied with their service...they just don't have anything remotely close to the iPhone.

ta2smitty

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Yeah I'm afraid to leave Verizon I've had zero problems with them so far. thanks for the info.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Are you overall happy you made the switch to AT&T to get the iPhone? What carrier did you leave for AT&T?

For all of you with AT&T service problems would you say it was worth it?
I'm chomping at the bit to get the iPhone, I put of the first one to wait until this one came out. I'm a big Mac user and love my ipods, all three of them.;). I'm just worried that I'm not going to be happy with AT&T shoddy service.
thanks folks for the help.
You probably need to talk with AT&T customers in the area where you live/work. I left Verizon a few years ago (way pre-iphone) because I had terrible reception, tons of dropped calls, and HORRIBLE customer service. I have friends who live in other parts of the state who are quite happy with Verizon (or as happy as anyone ever seems to be with their cell carrier).

For me, the move to AT&T was a positive experience. It's not perfect, but it's better.

I think you'll find people in both camps no matter what cell phone company you're talking about depending on each individual's personal experiences.

Good luck weighing the decision to switch. For what it's worth, having an awesome device makes it easier to put up with the bullsh*t. :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
because that's the title of the thread? All of these off-topic people need to get with the program.

ta2smitty

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
really the more and more I read about these companies is no one really likes any of them. There is haters and lovers on both sides. I'm hoping since I live in San Antonio that I'll get pretty good reception considering this was once AT&T's headquarters...

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I did get double charged for my phone and have not been able to get resolution on the credit yet.
Just curious, instead of going through ATT to deal with the double charge, can't you call up your bank and dispute your first second charge?
If I were you, I will let bank and att deal with the problem, and my bank usually will refund the money and they will investigate the problem.

geyev

Jul 31, 2008
Bay Area , California
I recently left verizon. I must say, I had been with them ever since the days of gte mobilenet. It was difficult to leave them, I have always had excellent customer service and reception. I would say, there only flaw and reason I left was there lack of phone choices! So here I am caught in the iPhone 3g craze! So far, so good on At&t service. Hope it stays that way!

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
my family has been happy with AT&T for almost 10 years now. thats all we've been with.