Question for those users who "don't expect more"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rotobadger

Aug 11, 2007
First off, this post is not designed to start a flame war. I'm simply curious about forum users who are critical of other users who are complaining about no significant updates for the iPhone in the last 3 months or so. Many users have voiced dissatisfaction with Apple for not updating the iPhone with new features such as Flash, Games, Video and picture text messaging. There have been many who have responded by saying:

"Stop complaining...apple never promised you updates. You should be happy with the iPhone as it is. Nothing more nothing less. You bought it as is and that's what you should expect to get".

I neither agree nor disagree with this sentiment. I'm just wondering this: The posters who feel like Apple gave us the phone as-is and we shouldn't expect (or demand) firmware updates...what are you still doing here? I think we've covered the functionality of the iPhone and have uncovered most, if not all, of it's current secrets. So what else is there to talk about? I suppose we can all discuss 3rd party hacks but outside of that...what else is there?

Again, this is not meant to be critical...I'm just curious.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
First off, this post is not designed to start a flame war. I'm simply curious about forum users who are critical of other users who are complaining about no significant updates for the iPhone in the last 3 months or so. Many users have voiced dissatisfaction with Apple for not updating the iPhone with new features such as Flash, Games, Video and picture text messaging. There have been many who have responded by saying:

"Stop complaining...apple never promised you updates. You should be happy with the iPhone as it is. Nothing more nothing less. You bought it as is and that's what you should expect to get".

I neither agree nor disagree with this sentiment. I'm just wondering this: If the posters who feel like Apple gave us the phone as-is and we shouldn't expect (or demand) firmware updates...what are you still doing here? I think we've covered the functionality of the iPhone and have uncovered most, if not all, of it's current secrets. So what else is there to talk about? I suppose we can all discuss 3rd party hacks but outside of that...what else is there?

Again, this is not meant to be critical...I'm just curious.
Personally, I come here for the positive friendly attitude from other iPhone owners

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I totally agree with you rotobadger. Seems like if you are satisfied with the phone and don't desire any updates/improvements/hacks that you wouldn't waste your time going to a place that is full of people discussing updates and hacks.

I was actually going to start a poll asking people why they come to EIP. Think I'll post it.

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I expect more from the iPhone but I am also happy with it now-- and I know the updates will come in due time; Or hackers will just take over and make updates unnecessary; Either way, I'll have an awesome iPhone.