question from a new user

Dec 27, 2007
Hello all,

I just got an iPhone for christmas and I love it! It's so incredibily useful. I just bought an agent 18 clear case, and its pretty cool, it doesn't have that dumb tree on the back, and it fits really snug and covers the chrome bezel. My question is that I also bought the power support crystal film, and was wondering if I should put that on too, or even could put it on with the clear agent 18 case bc of how snugly it fits? Does anyone have this setup? Also, are there any cool tips anyone has found that are worth sharing?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Putting on the protective film is a personal choice. I have the anit-glare film on mine and love it. Many people have nothing over the screen and do just fine. It is really hard to scratch that glass. One reason I like the anti-glare is because you get no finger prints and do not have to be cleaning the screen all the time.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I highly recommend that you put a screen protector on the phone even though you have a good case for it. The case does not protect the screen against damage from keys in your pocket, scratches due to sliding your finger on the screen when there is dust or dirt on it, etc.. I have a Contour Showcase case which is similar to the Agent 18 and have the crystal film screen protector on the phone and although it is a hair snugger in the case the screen protector has already got about 5 scratchs on it that otherwise would have damaged my screen itself. I have more films but am too lazy to remove the scratched one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Almost six months of use and no scratches. I think a case will give you plenty of protection.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I highly recommend the screen protector. I have a hairline scratch on my screen that drives me insane.

The the first two posters, welcome to the forums!

- John

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I agree with ColTiger. A case should be enough. After 6 months of intensive use and many falls, I don't have a scratch on my screen.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This is what I mean by being a personal choice. You just need to decide for yourself. I would rather be safe than sorry and put the screen protector on. You see what happened to MacManPro. That would drive me nuts too. I have a small hairline scratch on the home button that is really hard to see, but guess what? I am always looking at it.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have a hairline scratch on my screen, and the non-adhesive, static cling film I use to protect it from further scratches actually hides the scratch as well as protects. I would recommend one---couldn't hurt! BTW, welcome to EIC!