question from the sad little kid who couldn't get his iPhone.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
Well, I probably will not be getting an iPhone for another month. And that is all fine and dandy, and I think I can hang in for a little longer. I do have one question though. Are there any features on it that weren't announced like we expected? I just got back from work and quickly browsed through and didn't see anything. Plus, this will give you a chance to brag about your iPhone. Go ahead, you just spent $700, you deserve it. =P Also, what came in the box, and did anything else come loaded onto the iPhone like music or trailers or something?

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
No

Well, I probably will not be getting an iPhone for another month. And that is all fine and dandy, and I think I can hang in for a little longer. I do have one question though. Are there any features on it that weren't announced like we expected? I just got back from work and quickly browsed through and didn't see anything. Plus, this will give you a chance to brag about your iPhone. Go ahead, you just spent $700, you deserve it. =P Also, what came in the box, and did anything else come loaded onto the iPhone like music or trailers or something?
No; all the features exactly as advertised. I really think David Pogue hit it; here's the bottom line- it is absolutely revolutionary. I picked up my Treo 680 after ten minutes on the iPhone and it feels like a relic.

My expectations of the phone were pretty reasonable. Picking it up and using it truly knocks you out. Just the ipod and the interface of the whole phone are unlike anything.

However, no java, no streaming music is a serious drawback that Apple must address ASAP. Other than that, this thing is pretty cool.

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
well im another sad 17 yr old who couldnt afford this thing today... but on july 30th i will... so i heard u cant send picture messages to other phones via mms... please tell me that isn't true... that would be a major drawback
Well, I could afford it, just couldn't get it because I was working. And I think I am going to use some of the $700ish I do have and get it at the end of July. I couldn't get anywhere to get it until the middle-ish of July, so I am just gonna wait till the end of it, and then not have to pay $20 for half a month, haha.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
well im another sad 17 yr old who couldnt afford this thing today... but on july 30th i will... so i heard u cant send picture messages to other phones via mms... please tell me that isn't true... that would be a major drawback

Im a 16 year old who could afford and bought an 8 gb

Phok Hugh

Jun 30, 2007
Newark, NJ
Im a 16 year old who could afford and bought an 8 gb
Are we supposed to be impressed...better start saving for college kid instead of bragging about dropping 6 Hundy on a phone...life gets tougher when you cut those apron strings unless your last name is Jobs or Gates! ;)