***Question*** Is it possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Fsolano, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Fsolano

Fsolano New Member

Hello, this is what I want to do. I recently bought my iPhone 4 from ebay and it's still under warranty. I want to switch the warranty under my name but I can't go into the Apple Store with a jail-broken iPhone because they'll void the warranty right there. So my question is: is it possible to save exactly everything I have on my phone right now so I can restore to factory settings, go change warranty to my name, and then go back to exactly how I had it before while jail-broken or will I have to install everything all over again? Thanks

-Fernando

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't need to take it to an Apple Store. The registration was transferred to your name when you activated it in iTunes. You can check here and make sure it's registered in your name; just add the serial number if it isn't. You can find the serial number in iTunes under the summary tab or in Settings > General > About on the iPhone.

But to answer your question, if you ever need to take it to Apple to repair/replacement, use PkgBackup in Cydia to save your apps and repos and then back it up in iTunes and restore to factory settings.