question on iPhone mail

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
i have send mail to my computer 6 times from my iPhone. and then post on here about getting all my song back in the iTunes.. i have got all the mails from you posting on this site, but none of the mail i send from my iPhone. anyone know why ?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Do you get any errors when sending the emails from the phone? Usually the problem that we see the most is cable modem users trying to send email using the Edge connection and the outgoing mail server from their cable provider will refuse to relay for foreign hosts. If your not getting any errors look in the sent folder in your email and make sure that the Apple brilliant spell correction didn't change the outgoing email address to a word it thought you meant to type.

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
i don't see anything in the send box..

but this is what i did. i was on safari. i have favorites that i forgot to save off my computer . so I'm try to send them by mail threw my iPhone..

so what i did is i went to the site and press share and then got the + on the right side and pick my contacts. then pick home. i double check the spelling of my address and send 10 email to my self.

am i doing something wrong ?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
goto a website and touch the address on the upper left side you will see share in blue
I didn't even know that option was in there. I just tried it. When I shared it and emailed it to my address it did nothing. Once I opened the email program it started to send it and I just received it. I suspect that if it has not sent yet you may have your outgoing email server incorrect. I would go ahead and go into your primary email account in the email program and send yourself an email using that method. If there are any problems with your configuration it will show up during that process. Then it can be fixed.

One thing to note, when on the Edge network, many DSL and Cable providers will not allow you to use their outgoing email server to send messages. They require you to be logged into the cable modem to do that. If that is your situation then it should work over Wifi but not over the edge network. There is an outgoing mailserver that AT&T provides for these situations and that is cwmx.com.

obcsed

Jul 15, 2007
I just tried this. I'm using yahoo and it worked fine. The message showed up in my "bulk mail" folder however.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I just tried this. I'm using yahoo and it worked fine. The message showed up in my "bulk mail" folder however.
Yahoo has some good filters on the email. I have to put everyone's email address in my contacts in yahoo so messages show up in my inbox instead of bulk. Add yourself as a contact for when you need to email yourself.

brockly

Bronze
Dec 20, 2007
ok I got it to work. what I did was toss out the yahoo account on my phone and put in gmail account... thanks you all for the help :)