Question: Playing iPhone Tunes in my Toyota Camry...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 30, 2007
Philadelphia Suburbs
Hi, Folks! Looking for some help with a music-hookup problem...

I have a 2007 Camry, which comes with a audio input jack in the dash. Went to radio shack the other day to get a chord to run from the iPhone headphone out jack to the audio in, and it did not work. Do you need a special chord for the iPhone? I have heard something about a "mini" adaptor, but know little about these things.

My car also has bluetooth, but I think this only works for calls. I have paired it with my phone for that, but I don't know that you can play the music this way. Does anyone know any different?

Thanks in advance!

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
ALL connector cords, NOT made especially for the iPhone, are going to be too short to reach the proper depth for engagement. You have to cut the plastic housing back about 1/8" in order for the jack to reach the bottom of the headset plug.

You will find many threads in these forums that address this subject for headphones and such. I had to cut my 3rd party headsets I purchased for various iPods to fit my iPhone.

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
you can always use the dock and plug that cable into the back of it than to the head unit...just have to find a spot to put the dock...I have a camry and if I had to go that route I would put it in the spot under the console.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
My 2008 Scion xB has a special cable which connects from the center console and feeds into the stereo system. This cable plugs into the bottom of the iPhone and larger (video) iPods and you can control the iPhone or iPod from the steering wheel or stereo head. The center console also has a AUX 1/8" plug for running a cable from the headset jack.