Question Regarding Mail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

moonwally

Jun 30, 2007
-Can't listen to an mp3 or QT attachment (without a computer with iTunes handy).
-Can't mark all mail as unread. This wastes a great amount of time for me as I use my desktop while I'm in the office, then need to delete the email on my iPhone (or read them again) to lose the message number...unless I'm missing something.

Otherwise, I love this thing!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
-Can't listen to an mp3 or QT attachment (without a computer with iTunes handy).
-Can't mark all mail as unread. This wastes a great amount of time for me as I use my desktop while I'm in the office, then need to delete the email on my iPhone (or read them again) to lose the message number...unless I'm missing something.

Otherwise, I love this thing!

Please explain the email issue again. I don't quite understand.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
If I'm in my office, I don't use the iPhone for email. Then when I leave, I'd like a clean slate (ie- no red number on my mail icon) so I know if the email(s) is new. Make sense?
What mail provider are you using?
With my gmail, I would have to delete the message from my inbox for it to not show up on my phone. If in the next 15 minutes a new email enters my inbox, "read" or "unread", it's going to show it on the phone. If you have Yahoo, I think IMAP should keep them synced...

moonwally

Jun 30, 2007
2 complaints

What mail provider are you using?
With my gmail, I would have to delete the message from my inbox for it to not show up on my phone. If in the next 15 minutes a new email enters my inbox, "read" or "unread", it's going to show it on the phone. If you have Yahoo, I think IMAP should keep them synced...
I have POP Accounts. That's probably why they're not synched. Still, it would be nice to have a "Mark all messages as Read" command as in Mac Mail.