Question regarding Plans

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dan23

Oct 12, 2007
I have a plan contract for 3 years and I'm purchasing the iPhone without upgrading. Im just using the phone for texting and calling which is on my plan, and not the internet and email and stuff. Now, do I have to pay extra if im just using this phone for normal callin and texting that are originally on my plan?

Thanks.

Sep 12, 2007
I have a plan contract for 3 years and I'm purchasing the iPhone without upgrading. Im just using the phone for texting and calling which is on my plan, and not the internet and email and stuff. Now, do I have to pay extra if im just using this phone for normal callin and texting that are originally on my plan?

Thanks.
have you thought about calling AT&T and asking them this question?

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC

Thanks.
I believe that AT&T/Apple require you to purchase an "iPhone plan". These plans come in $20, $30 and $40 flavors, depending on the number of text messages you want per month (20=200, 30=1500 and 40=unlimited). These iPhone plans are add-ons to your current voice plans, so your bill would be voice + iPhone plan. All iPhone plans include unlimted data/email.

Hope this helps,
~S