Question regarding pressure on I Phone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by japboy69, Dec 3, 2012.

1. japboy69

japboy69 New Member

My I Phone4 was in my pocket and I went to lay down as I was holding my six month old and the phone was pressed into my mattress for about a minute.

After I took the phone out of my pocket I laid it down on my dresser and didn't bother it for almost 2 hours. When I woke up and picked it up, it was not on. I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on.

I also plugged it in to charge it and it didn't do anything. Would laying on it for a short period of time do that much damage as to ruin the phone?

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Try holding the home and wake/sleep button down at the same time for a moment. The Apple logo should appear, a hard reboot....

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I think it would have a lot to do with the weight of the person who lay on the phone, the hardness of the mattress at the place where the phone was pressed into it, and which part of the phone bore the brunt of the load. Without knowing these variables, it is difficult to answer your question with any accuracy.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Was there a case?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Ditto. Could be software related...

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Ditto what snowtrooper and jmp said. If the screen was active when the pressure was applied or became activated because of it, who knows what confusing input the phone was getting. A hard reset may be the answer.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

But the screen should have received no input unless human skin came in contact with it. The OP said the phone was in his pocket. Nonetheless, a hard reset cannot hurt.