question regarding SIM card... help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jk1073

Sep 26, 2007
ok i am entirely new to this and i would love it if i can succeed in unlocking my iPhone. but there is a problem even before starting unlocking:
i am currently ATT user and i have been waiting til my iPhone is delivered so i can start unlocking process. however i lost my phone a few days ago and now i don't have my SIM card to replace the one that is pre-installed in my soon-to-come i phone. is there anyway i can use the SIM card that's already in the iPhone so that the SIM card can act as the one that i used before? should i go to ATT store to get a new SIM card just to replace it with the one that's already in iPhone?
please help me solve this problem i am already stressed enough about unlocking ... thanks :)

Aug 23, 2007
ok i am entirely new to this and i would love it if i can succeed in unlocking my iPhone. but there is a problem even before starting unlocking:
i am currently ATT user and i have been waiting til my iPhone is delivered so i can start unlocking process. however i lost my phone a few days ago and now i don't have my SIM card to replace the one that is pre-installed in my soon-to-come i phone. is there anyway i can use the SIM card that's already in the iPhone so that the SIM card can act as the one that i used before? should i go to ATT store to get a new SIM card just to replace it with the one that's already in iPhone?
please help me solve this problem i am already stressed enough about unlocking ... thanks :)
I don't understand. If you're already with ATT, what's there to unlock? :confused:

At any rate, I'd go to ATT and get a replacement sim.

--Mike

jk1073

Sep 26, 2007
I don't understand. If you're already with ATT, what's there to unlock? :confused:

At any rate, I'd go to ATT and get a replacement sim.

--Mike
no i meant to say that
if you are existing ATT customer you need to pay $20 more per month and i was thinking you could avoid doing so by unlocking the iPhone and using my own SIM card. i would like to think of it as just "upgrading" my old phone to iPhone 'without' paying the extra money.

and one more question is,
if i take out the SIM card that's already in the iPhone and go to ATT store and ask them if they can activate it, would they be able to do so?

somewhat complex question, i would say but please help~ :(

Aug 23, 2007
no i meant to say that
if you are existing ATT customer you need to pay $20 more per month and i was thinking you could avoid doing so by unlocking the iPhone and using my own SIM card. i would like to think of it as just "upgrading" my old phone to iPhone 'without' paying the extra money.

and one more question is,
if i take out the SIM card that's already in the iPhone and go to ATT store and ask them if they can activate it, would they be able to do so?

somewhat complex question, i would say but please help~ :(
OK, I understand. I don't think that would work. Do you already subscribe to the unlimited data plan? If not, you'd need that anyway to make the iPhone worth anything. As just a phone... the iPhone sux. Bundle everything that it has to offer together... it's pretty cool.

--Mike

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
yes that $20 extra is not in vein, it allows you to use unlimited internet which is a must have for the iPhone. Paying $400 for a top notch phone does not make sense if you arent willing to spend $20 a month for it's best features. Don't unlock it, just activate it as normal, and you will not need a new sim for that, the one inside will work.