Question regarding the phone in GENERAL...

Smokey

Bronze
Sep 17, 2008
When I had a sidekick, if I got a newer sidekick or a replacement, all my information from the first sidekick transferred to the new one..

This includes all my little personal settings and EVERYTHING that I had done to customize the way I used my phone..

What will happen if I ever replace my iPhone or buy the next one when it comes out?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
If you keep your iPhone backed up you can restore from your backup if you get a new iPhone. All your settings, ringtone assignments, app settings etc will come over to the new phone.

Smokey

Bronze
Sep 17, 2008
I should probably stop canceling my backups then haha. and that's even if Apple releases a new model and I buy it?

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
When you sync your phone with iTunes it will create a backup of the phone settings and general appearance. If you have your contacts and calander in Outlook they will sync with iTunes.

If you ever get another iPhone, replacement or next generation, all you will need to do is plug it in to iTunes and it will allow you to transfer all of your music, videos, applications and preferences over to the new phone.

I had a problem with the firsrt 3G iPhone that I bought and within 48 hrs. I was back at Best Buy exchanging it. When I got home with the new one I plugged it in and a few hours later it was an exact duplicate to the one that I had just returned.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I should probably stop canceling my backups then haha. and that's even if Apple releases a new model and I buy it?
Cancelling back ups tends to cause corrupted back up files. This causes it to take forever for the phone to back up.

You should definitely stop cancelling them.