Question regarding you genius' out there :)

Noz

Sep 2, 2009
First off hello everyone I'm new here :D.

Down to the question, recently I've gotten an iPhone 3gs and have had it for about a week and it's terrific. But...Recently I've noticed that the volume will randomly go down and upon closer inspection I realized that the volume rocker is wiggly and kind of loose so that if shaken it will press down. I've also noticed that the sleep wake button is having these same symptoms, So long story short I'm bringing my iPhone to an Applestore to have it changed out for a new one.

So, my question to everyone is what should I do when I bring it in, do I bring in my headphones? My box? Any tips for me when talking to a genius, and most of all, do I have to schedule an appointment for a genius.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Welcome!

Do not hesitate to get an exchange at the Apple store especially within your first 30 days but the hardware warranty covers you for a year. Your symptoms are not normal. It would be best to make an appointment since you also want to get an exact replacement. Make a list of the things you've noticed but don't let someone tell you, "they all do that".

Good Luck!

Noz

Sep 2, 2009
Thanks, how would I go about making an appointment? Do I just phone the store.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Thanks, how would I go about making an appointment? Do I just phone the store.
You will likely have an easier time of it by going to Apple support online. Identify your most convenient location and seeing what dates/times are available.

Start here.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
You don't need to bring in your accessories or box, just the phone.