Question: stock look

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

siantslil23

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
can anyone post i guide on how to make your icons slide to the side not scrolling down...I want my downloaded apps to be in a new side not with all my original icons. i saw a post on modmyifone but i don't get it...

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
can anyone post i guide on how to make your icons slide to the side not scrolling down...I want my downloaded apps to be in a new side not with all my original icons. i saw a post on modmyifone but i don't get it...

The springboard only slides sideways on v1.1.1 and above through a patched springboard (aka modded to allow scrolling), where as v1.02 slides up and down via summerboard.

siantslil23

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
i checked to site out but i don't get what he means by set permission...

Edit: i don't know how to use the WinSCP thing... can someone do it for me or is it something that i have to do alone?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
i checked to site out but i don't get what he means by set permission...

Edit: i don't know how to use the WinSCP thing... can someone do it for me or is it something that i have to do alone?
It's something you have to do on your end. To use WinSCP (assuming you're on Windows):

1. If you don't already have SSH installed, install OpenSSH on your phone. It's available on Installer.

2. Download and install the WinSCP program on to your computer:
http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

3) Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wifi. You will need to know your phone IP address. To find it, go to Settings-->WiFi. Click on the ">" next to your wifi network and note the IP Address. It's usually something like: 192.168.100.xx

4.) Start up WinSCP and click the New button to set up a new connection.

Enter your iPhone’s IP address in Hostname (leave port at 22).

Username: root
Password: alpine

Leave private key file blank. Select SCP as file protocol. Click Save.

5.) Double-click the saved connection to connect.
It may take awhile for it to connect the first time as it needs to generate some keys...that is normal. Once you're in, you can now navigate to folders on your iPhone.

6.) To set file permissions, right click on the file and go to "Properties". In the "Octal" field, enter in the desired numbers.