Question, windows to Mac with an iPhone.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
So i pulled the trigger and almost 2grand poorer i have a New Macbook Pro.

As my sig says my iPhone has been jailbroken (done with Quickpwn), and managed all my music on my windows computer. Is it safe to connect the phone to the Mac since i used Quickpwn to jailbreak. I ask because i know Macs have a specific jailbreak program and i don't wana mess anything up or lose anything.

Also...is there anything else i need to do to have a seamless change from windows to the mac. What i mean is do i have to Authorize iTunes, do i need to setup iTunes to get my podcasts, apps, sync my contact list with google etc? Or will this all happen as soon as i sign in with my Apple ID? Again...just trying not to lose all my stuff on my phone.

Please help me out, this is my very first personal mac. (im familiar with macs, but this is the first one ive ever owned)

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I have just done the same and jumped ship to mac. This is what i did.

Plug your iPhone into your mac, this wont sync or do anything if you don't have iTunes open. Download a free programme called senuti (iTunes backwards) and this lets you copy all music / video and pics from your iPhone to your mac.

Unplug your iPhone after you have everything you need from your iPhone.

Open iTunes and then import all the files you took from your iPhone plus whatever files you want. When your mac iTunes Library is complete, plug in your iPhone again, and authorise your computer.

Transfer all purchases from iPhone to mac iTunes which should complete your iTunes library on you rmac so it mirrors you old PC one.

Then - this part is optional but i did it - I restored my iPhone as a new device. Synced and then i knew my iPhone was completly synced from my mac.

Then download the mac jailbreak tool - quickpwn - and Jailbreak - your up and running!

Hope this helps!

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Also, i don't think signing in with you Apple id remembers settings etc, so i think you will have to set up sync config's etc