Question!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
My first iPhone was modded and it took I'd a while to convince myself to do it. But then I broke it(don't want to speak about it). I got a new one and it up to date with the highest update there is. Can I still mod it without a big chance to brick it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Anytime you mod it outside of the updates offered by iTunes, you'll have the chance of bricking the phone. Those mods are cool, but if you're not careful, you can have an expensive doorstop very quickly.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
By "highest u[date there is", I assume you mean 1.1.2. If it was 1.1.2 when you got it - no you can't jailbreak right now. It's still not cracked.

There is always a chance of bricking your phone. While 90% of any issues can be fixed by restoring, it's always possible to put it beyond repair.

- John

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
By "highest u[date there is", I assume you mean 1.1.2. If it was 1.1.2 when you got it - no you can't jailbreak right now. It's still not cracked.

There is always a chance of bricking your phone. While 90% of any issues can be fixed by restoring, it's always possible to put it beyond repair.

- John
Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. Because I read that it wasn't cracked yet and didn't know if it was true or if it was cracked yet.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

- John
You can't jailbreak an out-of-box 1.1.2 iPhone? What would be the difference between the OOB phone and my phone, which is upgraded to 1.1.2 and jailbroken?