Questions about Installer

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Good Day

I have been away for over a month and am a little confused at the lack of updates for Installer. Is there something wrong with mine? I have not had any recently added packages in quite a few days.

I have downloaded Cydia because I have seen its name more than Installer lately.

I will make myself more aware of Cydia as time goes on, but is Installer all done?

Thanks
Dana

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
I believe it is to due with the 2.x firmware upgrade and the necessary updates to make Apps to run on 2.x and thus the necessary rewrite of installer. (I know there are others here who can provide a better explanation.) Both Cydia (and Installer) now run on 2.x and have updated Apps appearing just about everyday. While I'm still new to the JB'd community, I tend to like Cydia, but have used Installer (rev. 4 beta). Bottomline, installer is alive and well.

hth

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Thank you Carerra.owner.
I haven't upgraded yet but it looks like it is time.

Thanks
Dana

P.S. What year and model do you own?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Installer 4 is horrible. Lags, crashes, and overall, horribly built. There's nothing else to say.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
Thx for the info Lincoln & Vegasflyby, never used pre-installer 4 so my noob ignorance has shined through....:sick: FWIW, Cydia is much more intuitive to this newcomer.