Questions about Loopt

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
For those of you who have Loopt, or even those of you who don't and know about it, can you explain a little about it for me? How does it work? It shows you where your friends are? Do you and your friends have to be logged in to Loopt for the location to be displayed, or just have to have the app? Is it worth getting? Thanks to those who respond!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
There is no background apps so no app will display your location without it open (aside from the find my phone in mobile me feature which is not an app).

bulls6pack

Bronze
Jan 27, 2009
Peoria, Illinois
So if I have my Loopt app open, I wont be able to see my wife's location if she doesn't have her Loopt app open?

You will be able to see her last listed location, if she updated it five minutes ago or five days ago. If you have it open, it updates your location if you allow it to. It has facebook integration. I use it to update the five or so friends I have on Loopt, but I mainly use it for the Facebook updates. When I update my status, it immediately changes my status on Facebook and includes a map. If a friend is nearby and I am getting a frosty cold adult beverage, they will see I am close and can come buy me a round! The facebook integration is user selectable. Also, you can share your location with all Loopt users that you have as friends or block certain ones. It also has an option to search for nearby Loopt users that you can contact through email. Overall, it is a pretty good app.