Questions after having had iPhone for about a month

Medwynd

Dec 21, 2008
So here is a list of things I have not figured out how to do, or if they are even possible. I originally come from using a windows mobile phone for several years, so I may be taking some things for granted. Any answers would be appreciated.

1. Can I not cut and paste text from safari, notes, etc?
2. How do I send a text message with a picture attached?
3. Whenever I go to "share" something like a notes, contact, picture, it always insists that I send it via email. Ho do I send it via a text message?
4. Do I have to transfer files through iTunes? When I plug in the phone it shows up as a connected device but it doesn't seem to like me dragging and dropping files into it.
5. When iTunes says its creating a backup when connected to my pc, what exactly is it backing up. Pictures? Contacts? Apps? Notes?
6. I recently nuked my contacts would they be in this backup and if so how do I get them back?
7. Do only specific applications send video through the AV cable? I cant seem to get the iPhone display to appear on my tv unless I am actually playing a video.
8. Is there a faster way to connect to a wifi network without having to press settings, then wifi, then turning wifi on, then seleceting the network, then exiting out of the settings page?

I'm sure there is more but those are the ones off the top of my head. Thanks.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
1. Can I not cut and paste text from safari, notes, etc? NO
2. How do I send a text message with a picture attached? You can not
3. Whenever I go to "share" something like a notes, contact, picture, it always insists that I send it via email. Ho do I send it via a text message? You can not
4. Do I have to transfer files through iTunes? When I plug in the phone it shows up as a connected device but it doesn't seem to like me dragging and dropping files into it. You transfer (sync) contacts, music, video, calendars through iTunes. Files will require a 3rd party app
5. When iTunes says its creating a backup when connected to my pc, what exactly is it backing up. Pictures? Contacts? Apps? Notes? Mostly it is backing up custom settings
6. I recently nuked my contacts would they be in this backup and if so how do I get them back? 7. Do only specific applications send video through the AV cable? I cant seem to get the iPhone display to appear on my tv unless I am actually playing a video.
8. Is there a faster way to connect to a wifi network without having to press settings, then wifi, then turning wifi on, then seleceting the network, then exiting out of the settings page? The fastest way is to keep wi-fi on. Either that or you have to turn it on every time you want to use it

Medwynd

Dec 21, 2008
1. Can I not cut and paste text from safari, notes, etc? NO
2. How do I send a text message with a picture attached? You can not
3. Whenever I go to "share" something like a notes, contact, picture, it always insists that I send it via email. Ho do I send it via a text message? You can not
4. Do I have to transfer files through iTunes? When I plug in the phone it shows up as a connected device but it doesn't seem to like me dragging and dropping files into it. You transfer (sync) contacts, music, video, calendars through iTunes. Files will require a 3rd party app
5. When iTunes says its creating a backup when connected to my pc, what exactly is it backing up. Pictures? Contacts? Apps? Notes? Mostly it is backing up custom settings
6. I recently nuked my contacts would they be in this backup and if so how do I get them back? 7. Do only specific applications send video through the AV cable? I cant seem to get the iPhone display to appear on my tv unless I am actually playing a video.
8. Is there a faster way to connect to a wifi network without having to press settings, then wifi, then turning wifi on, then seleceting the network, then exiting out of the settings page? The fastest way is to keep wi-fi on. Either that or you have to turn it on every time you want to use it
Thanks, at least I wsn't missing something simple. I could not get syncing to work for stuff I got on iTunes. If you could take a look at my thread here it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your response.

Last edited by a moderator: