Questions on DVD to hardrive

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
hey there, i bought some jackass dvd and family dvds a while back, is it possible for me to get it onto the iPhone to carry it around me
i use DVD decryter. but is this legal?
or better yet, after it is decrypted do i have to convert it to MPEG4? to put into iPhone.
or if anyone could tell me an easier way to put my dvds into my iPhone that would be really helpful.
thank you:p

ugotpwned5

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i don't know. because this morning i copied the whole disc of jackass 2 the movie on my computer, but then i totally forgot about the decoder/converter into mpeg4 or whatever it is that iPhone takes.... its too much of a hassel so i gave up
but thanks for the links, i will go back to this when i decided to do it

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I was always under the impression that if you bought a copy you could do what you feel as well (as long as it is you and only you). I would have to find where I was reading about it (I think it was on the cnn.com site a while back) but the issues was the disabling of the encryption that is the issue. I will have to look it up, I know I read it somewhere.

Swingline

Aug 16, 2007
hey there, i bought some jackass dvd and family dvds a while back, is it possible for me to get it onto the iPhone to carry it around me
i use DVD decryter. but is this legal?
or better yet, after it is decrypted do i have to convert it to MPEG4? to put into iPhone.
or if anyone could tell me an easier way to put my dvds into my iPhone that would be really helpful.
thank you:p

use handbrake if you want to get it to mp4 format

or mactheripper if you want to copy it to a blank DVD

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
thanks, but this thread as a long time ago, and now bought the q dvdtoiPhone converter. its awesome. pretty good quality too:laugh2:

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yes, but talk about it, its quality if beautiful, its like watching movie on a high definition tv
for real. ;)
and its easy and very customizable

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
thanks, but this thread as a long time ago, and now bought the q dvdtoiPhone converter. its awesome. pretty good quality too:laugh2:
Is that a PC format converter, or Mac? Or, does it do both?

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Is that a PC format converter, or Mac? Or, does it do both?
I believe its a PC app.

I bought it also, and it was ok. But I wasn't satisfiedwith the way it converted letterbox DVDs. Downloaded a number of demos before making another purchase. Finally settled on http://www.cucusoft.com their product. Good stuff!

Last edited by a moderator: