Questions on iPhone Developer Program

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Basically, I have three questions I haven't been able to find a solid answer to:

1. Can you be a developer if you have a Windows PC? So in other words, does it run on Windows PC's?

2. Is it just a one fee of $99? In other words, does your enrollment ever expire or are you allowed access for life after paying the $99?

3. Are you required to submit a certain number of apps? Or are you allowed to submit 0-whatever number? I'm thinking of giving the developer thing s shot, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to successfuly create an app. That's why I asked...

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks! :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
1) You can only develop on mac.
2) I believe its a annual fee.
3) I don't think there is a minimum number of apps. There are devs that don't have an app out yet.

4) You don't need to pay to develop apps, just to put them in the appstore.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
I don't believe its an annual fee. You can enroll in the 2.2.1 developer program for free. I'm assuming that once the 3.0 goes public, it will be the same thing.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I don't believe its an annual fee. You can enroll in the 2.2.1 developer program for free. I'm assuming that once the 3.0 goes public, it will be the same thing.
It is an annual fee to be in the dev program, but there is a free version that can only be used to develop on it but will not allow you to submit it. Submitting is what costs the money. And there is a beta SDK(Software Developer Kit) 3.0 that as soon as it's out of beta will replace the 2.2.1 version.