questions please help

mrcub1221

Feb 8, 2008
I plan on getting the iPhone in a few days and have some questions. if i sync my iPhone to my roommates computer where I live and move in the next few months and get my own computer can I then use the new computer to re sync my iPhone and still have everything work?

also can I charge my iPhone with the ps3 usb ports? and can I take the songs from my iPhone and put them on the ps3? you can put your ipod music on ps3 so would i be able to do that with the iPhone?

how fast does the internet work? I don't want to pay 400 for a phone only for the internet to be really slow.

and last I have been hearing a lot of negatives since reading message boards about the iPhone. such as battery life and dropped calls being a big problem. Is this happening to everyone? or just a few people?

Thank you very much and info would be great.....thanks

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
<<If i sync my iPhone to my roommates computer where I live and move in the next few months and get my own computer can I then use the new computer to re sync my iPhone and still have everything work?>>

You can sync all your contacts, calendars, phone info and bookmarks with a new computer. You have to find another way to transfer your music, videos and photos to the new computer or everything will be erased. (There are easy ways, depending on your platform).

<<also can I charge my iPhone with the ps3 usb ports? and can I take the songs from my iPhone and put them on the ps3?>>

Don't count on it. None of the USB ports I've tried (except for my Intel Macs ports) worked. In fact, iPhone seemed to lose battery power faster when connected to an unfriendly port. I don't think there's any way to tranfer mp3's directly to a PS3 or any other device for that matter. You can copy them to your computer and take it from there.

<<how fast does the internet work? I don't want to pay 400 for a phone only for the internet to be really slow.>>

Edge is slow, but bearable. Wifi is only as fast as your wifi connection. Pretty good around here. 3G iPhones should be here eventually, but I wouldn't wait for them. Why miss all the fun?

<<and last I have been hearing a lot of negatives since reading message boards about the iPhone. such as battery life and dropped calls being a big problem. Is this happening to everyone? or just a few people?>>

Battery life is decent, unless you intend to cross the Sahara on a camel's back without recharging. I never completely discharged my iPhone, even after spending all day at EPCOT and taking over 300 pics. Dropped calls haven't been a problem for me, but I'm sure it all depends on your location.