Quick Gold

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
Came out today. Very cool app that allows you to search for contacts , apps, web links, etc that are on your phone. Simply press the home button once while a desktop view, key board pops up start typing. App will start searching after the second letter is typed. Very fast no problems with lock up or anything.

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
I agree with your assessment Crupp. Lightning fast and just what the iPhone needs.

Now if we could just get cut-n-paste functionality.....:)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I like it a lot, too. I actually ditched categories for this. It's much quicker than scrolling and waiting for the categories folders to load.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
will this search for emails?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Here's the list of features from the authors page. Sorry, no email.

Features

Press the home (menu) button while you are on the SpringBoard to bring up a search bar and a keyboard. Type a few characters and tap to:

• launch springboard apps (and webclips)
  • search contacts and dial their numbers with a tap
  • type in a phone number in the search box and hit "Go" to call
  • type in something like "yahoo.com" and hit "Go" to visit the page
  • type "g <words>" and search google

http://code.google.com/p/zataangstuff/wiki/QuickGold

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ah, I get it.. name's a spin-off of QuickSilver. I love that app.

Anyway, I'm downloading this now. Looks promising.

itskels

Mar 3, 2008
Buckeye Nation
i love this app...i got rid of categories and poof-ed all my icons and just use QG. even loads quick. makes for a nice clean springboard.

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Good stuff. I honestly didn't think I would ever use it but decided to DL it based on this thread. Now I use it all the time. Great app.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
don't know what's up...but when I type in an URL it just crashes to the springboard...(SOME urls work)...most don't . Any insight? Thank you !

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I love this app, but I can't keep it installed because it DEFINITELY causes me lag. I've tried it on several occasions now, and my phone invariably grinds to a halt eventually until I reset it.

It makes sense if this program is keeping an active database of safari history and what not. It must be bogging down. Shame, because it's quite useful. But not enough to endure lag, in my opinion.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I also uninstalled this app because it made my iPhone slower which is very sad because it is an awesome app. A lot of jailbroken apps seem to do that to the phone, ummm