quick help 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Not a quick help nemore, need some serious help now.

hey guys, i hope i don't upset neone with this question or threading but i need some asnwers.

I was doin research and came across the fact that 1.1.1 can be jailbroken now for 3rd party apps. Now i haven't notcied this before b/c I have been busy with school and work so i did some minor search and one thread said if u do it wrong u can mess up your iPhone beyond repair. is this true? and when u update to 1.1.1 does all the 3rd party apps disappear? then u jail break it get installer back on and reinstall this stuff back onto the phone?

for example if my todo list and customizer has txt ring tones and to do lists it'll go away b/c of hte 1.1.1 update? sorry if i confused anyone bu thelp would be appreciated :) thanks.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
hey guys, i hope i don't upset neone with this question or threading but i need some asnwers.

I was doin research and came across the fact that 1.1.1 can be jailbroken now for 3rd party apps. Now i haven't notcied this before b/c I have been busy with school and work so i did some minor search and one thread said if u do it wrong u can mess up your iPhone beyond repair. is this true? and when u update to 1.1.1 does all the 3rd party apps disappear? then u jail break it get installer back on and reinstall this stuff back onto the phone?

for example if my todo list and customizer has txt ring tones and to do lists it'll go away b/c of hte 1.1.1 update? sorry if i confused anyone bu thelp would be appreciated :) thanks.

Sounds like you are right except I don't think it will be too easy for you to break your phone doing it because most of the time you can just restore and start over.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
K did the 1st part updating the phone. Qhat comes with 1.1.1 ? I got the double tap feature with the square button but dono how to use it it keepa gpin to my favoites under phonebook

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
uh ok i updated plugged my iPhone into the computer i go to ituens and it said the iPhone as been prevoiusly synced with this computer...set up as a new phone or restore from teh backup bla bla bla then only option is to click continue...so i click continue to restore it restores restarts the phone and then iTunes connects wiht my phone and it says "error: the iPhone cannot be synced, an unkown error occurred." wtf is that? i lost my songs videos, and my texts are lost. the only text i have is the one where it says from "last synced 10/16/07 and the last text i have is from that day. wtf is goin on?

PS: i we1nt to that website via that link with my iPhone and it crashes safari like it is suppose to but ntn happens after that. another link doesn't open up or a file or nething. i don't get it im confused.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
uh ok i updated plugged my iPhone into the computer i go to ituens and it said the iPhone as been prevoiusly synced with this computer...set up as a new phone or restore from teh backup bla bla bla then only option is to click continue...so i click continue to restore it restores restarts the phone and then iTunes connects wiht my phone and it says "error: the iPhone cannot be synced, an unkown error occurred." wtf is that? i lost my songs videos, and my texts are lost. the only text i have is the one where it says from "last synced 10/16/07 and the last text i have is from that day. wtf is goin on?

PS: i we1nt to that website via that link with my iPhone and it crashes safari like it is suppose to but ntn happens after that. another link doesn't open up or a file or nething. i don't get it im confused.
First, the problem with syncing, try a different USB port, or even a different cable. My iPhone did not like my Dual-dock that came with my Apple headset, so I swapped to another cable and it worked fine, but initially, it was pretty hairy, since I thought i bricked my phone. This was just before the 1.1.1 was released.
Don't know what to tell you about losing your info. at least you still have a copy, which is better than nothing.
After you crash the iPhone with the URL, you need to launch the touchfree.exe and follow the prompts to unlock software modding and have Installer.app added.
If you are having problems, do a restore and start over.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
First, the problem with syncing, try a different USB port, or even a different cable. My iPhone did not like my Dual-dock that came with my Apple headset, so I swapped to another cable and it worked fine, but initially, it was pretty hairy, since I thought i bricked my phone. This was just before the 1.1.1 was released.
Don't know what to tell you about losing your info. at least you still have a copy, which is better than nothing.
After you crash the iPhone with the URL, you need to launch the touchfree.exe and follow the prompts to unlock software modding and have Installer.app added.
If you are having problems, do a restore and start over.
ya i did a restore and used a neweer version of touchfree asuming it was and it worked good. waht does brick me? like damaged the phone where it locks up n can't repair?

btw my ringtones go into the ibrickr but it doenst show up on the phone. why so?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yes, Brick as in a non-functional phone.
Ringtones are still a bit of a problem with the 1.1.1, but if you search on here, there are several work-arounds for them to get them to work.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Yes, Brick as in a non-functional phone.
Ringtones are still a bit of a problem with the 1.1.1, but if you search on here, there are several work-arounds for them to get them to work.
there is also a new SendSong that works with 1.1.1 but when u sync they get erased, but i know there is a way to restore them easy but im not sure how to yet.