Quick plan question with new contract

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
One of my lines is due for an upgrade and I wanted to get one of the 16GB refurbs to sell and makes some money. It wants me to choose the iPhone plan ($30/mth) as well. Once I get the phone can I change the plan back to what I have now with no penalty and just sell the phone? I will still have that line open with the contract so their should be no ETF right? Any help would be great.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
I would say call and ask but I honestly believe you can say you want the iPhone JUST to make calls and send text messages and do not want the data plan. I might be mistaken and the 2 years might include the data plan.

unnecessary

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
One of my lines is due for an upgrade and I wanted to get one of the 16GB refurbs to sell and makes some money. It wants me to choose the iPhone plan ($30/mth) as well. Once I get the phone can I change the plan back to what I have now with no penalty and just sell the phone? I will still have that line open with the contract so their should be no ETF right? Any help would be great.

First unless its changed today, the Refurb iPhones are available for only new line activations and not for upgrade.

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
First unless its changed today, the Refurb iPhones are available for only new line activations and not for upgrade.
I was able to choose the refurb when I clicked "upgrade" last night so unless it's changed today I should still be able to.

Do you know if I will be able to change the plan once the phone arrives without having to pay the ETF? I won't be actually canceling my 2 year contract. Just switching phones and dropping the $30/mth iPhone plan.