Quick question about pictures

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 28, 2007
I have the 80 gig iPod, but I have never messed with putting pictures on it. Since the iPhone seems to do it so beautifully, I figure I might as well. However, most of my pictures in iPhoto are from my 10 megapixel camera. When the pictures are transferred, does it compress the pictures at all, or am I looking at filling up my iPhone more quickly on pictures than mp3s?

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Yeah..! I guess resize them, but I highly doubt you'd have to!
I have 200 pictures on my 4GB nano! and I took them all with a 6MP camera!
the pictures barely take up any space man! You'll be fine.. I think iTunes does something?.. you'll be fine.

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
When you sync your photos, iTunes will optimize them for the screen of the iPhone with respect to size. This will cause the file sizes to get much smaller so you should be just fine. There is an option to copy the full resolution photos as well, but you would eat the precious drive space in a hurry.

One tip: Create different Albums in iPhoto so that you can selectively sync photos that you want. No need to have every photo on the iPhone.

Mark

Jun 28, 2007
Thanks for the quick responses. Another question someone here might know. I know you need your social security number for activation. Do you also need a credit card? What is this used for?