quick question...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 3, 2007
hey sorry if this has been asked, this is my first time on here and i don't have enough time to use the search because im in class, but my friend is selling me his iPhone, i was wondering when he gives me the phone if the iTunes and wi-fi will be accessible, or would i have to re-activate it? because i know when you get a new phone you can't use the features until you activate it and they'll be unlocked, i was wondering once he switches phones the iPhone will lock again? because i'm buying the phone tomorrow and i wont be able to pay for the service until next month, so i just wanted to know if i could use it as an ipod until then..

arok413

Jul 31, 2007
Hi, i was wondering. i recently sold my laptop and it had all of the songs that my iPhone had on it. I want to upgrade to the 1.1.3 firmware on my brothers computer, if i do that will i lose all of the songs from my iPhone, even the ones i bought on iTunes? Is there a way for me to not lose my songs?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Good question. I don't think you have to sync or restore to upgrade to 1.1.3. I know I didn't have to resync my library.

You can always redownload stuff that is bought on iTunes.

arok413

Jul 31, 2007
yes but only bout 100 songs were bought on iTunes, I have like 1,5000 song. I'd hate to lose them. I want to be positive about this.. They should make it so you can download the firmware over the iTunes in the iPhone.
Good question. I don't think you have to sync or restore to upgrade to 1.1.3. I know I didn't have to resync my library.

You can always redownload stuff that is bought on iTunes.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Can't you use something like Tansee iPhone transfer to get your songs off of your iPhone and put them onto your computer? Then you can put them back into iTunes.

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
What if I have a crappy $40 nokia with At&t and I want to get the new iPhone on July 11th?

Can I buy the 16gig 3G iPhone at $299 and use my current At&t service?
I don't care if I have to renew for another 2 years.

Thanks!

blewis1984

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
How do I get my iPhone to connect to EDGE? I can get it to connect to my WiFi no problem. But I can't seem to find the EDGE settings.