Quick Recycle Application ?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by furashgf, Dec 21, 2011.

1. furashgf

furashgf New Member

Ever since I upgraded my iPhone 3 to the latest OS, my battery life has dropped precipitously. I've deleted as many 3rd party apps as I can, use fetch mail, disabled most notifications, and use PSkill to kill processes that start up. I'm not sure why so many of the apps seem to start up in the background, but that's my guess as to where the battery time is going.

Is there an application that provides the same functionality as holding both buttons to get a full restart?

Thanks

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Unfortunately there isn't any stock apps that kills apps in such a way. If you jailbreak, you have alternative solutions like RemoveBG which kills all backgrounded apps in one swift movement.

Have you considered restoring your phone? If you do this make sure that you restore your phone as new and then sync all of your information back on to the device. Sometimes over time iDevices in general get a corrupted backup which can eat away at battery life.

3. furashgf

furashgf New Member

Thank you. I was guessing something like that. I can Google for a variety of descriptions to do a restore and then sync from backup, but do you have the URL of a reliable set of instructions that will do it PROPERLY (once I do it, if it's wrong, its too late).

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

All you need to do is sync all of your information to your computer. Copy all of your pictures etc and transfer iTunes purchases. Then hit the restore button. iTunes will download the latest version of iOS and install it to your device. Once installed it will prompt you to set up as new or restore from backup. Hit setup as new. Be aware that you will lose all of your texts and so on. You will need to manually input all of your settings again i.e email accounts. I know it sounds a lot, but if you want a device which you've paid a lot of money for to run smoothly then these are the steps you sometimes have to take.