Quick reply bug ios 8.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Anybody have this issue? For me it came up recently I have banners enabled for text messages so I can reply from the lock screen. I have noticed a bug popping up recently as the keyboard to type in quick reply is totally missing. Anybody else notice this?
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1417348018.624884.jpg

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
No it totally doesn't. It's like a freeze. I'll hit it a few times and then nothing. So I was canceling out and then went to the txt messaging app. I tried it again this morning out of habit when I got a txt and it's working now. It's still a weird glitch. I hope it's just software cause I'm out of warranty already.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
No it totally doesn't. It's like a freeze. I'll hit it a few times and then nothing. So I was canceling out and then went to the txt messaging app. I tried it again this morning out of habit when I got a txt and it's working now. It's still a weird glitch. I hope it's just software cause I'm out of warranty already.
Do you have any 3rd party keyboards enabled? I get the freeze and sometimes no keyboard in the Messages app. I think it's the 3rd keyboards causing it. When you touch the message bar, do you pull down on it? If not, try that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's software-related, not hardware. Going with Apple's recent track record, the bugs should be mostly ironed out by February. As stated by Led, try uninstalling your third party keyboards. They are too buggy to bother with at this point, in my experience.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
At one time I had some 3rd party keyboards installed so I can try it out. The UI was not impressive so I uninstalled them. I double checked and I don't have anything left except the standard keyboard, so it was just maybe another bug from our shaky iOS 8