Quick reply issues

larryo108

Bronze
Dec 22, 2009
Is anyone else having issues with quick reply? I was able to download and install quickly. I can quick reply on the original notification as it comes in if I am unlocked, but I do not get the reply button in notification center or the lockscreen. No matter how far I swipe to the left. Is there a setting for this? Am I the only one with this issue?

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Haven't noticed it myself. I have noticed when I reply it defaults to stock keyboard instead of Swype

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larryo108

Bronze
Dec 22, 2009
I found the issue. Apparently you have to have show preview turned on. I had it turned off because I like to keep my messages private until I am ready to take action. Can't do that anymore.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Is anyone else having issues with quick reply? I was able to download and install quickly. I can quick reply on the original notification as it comes in if I am unlocked, but I do not get the reply button in notification center or the lockscreen. No matter how far I swipe to the left. Is there a setting for this? Am I the only one with this issue?
I haven't seen a button anywhere. I just pull down on the bottom of the message. That's worked so far. I haven't tested it on the lock screen.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I have the quick reply on lockscreen. Just slide it off to the left and option appears.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
My default is apparently SwiftKey. It's all I've seen since updating. Swype is a downloaded app I think. That may be why it doesn't work on Quick Reply.
? SwiftKey was an app download for me too. So your default you can slide to text? That's weird

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Has anyone noticed this ? I can reply to my incoming imessage even when my iphone 5 screen is locked. Thats really wierd. This seems to be a bug because nobody would want to reply when your phone is locked. This is security breach !!! The same is happening with one of my friend using 5S but the other also having 5S does does not get this reply option when he swipe on the lock screen.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1411575567.212338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Has anyone noticed this ? I can reply to my incoming imessage even when my iphone 5 screen is locked. Thats really wierd. This seems to be a bug because nobody would want to reply when your phone is locked. This is security breach !!! The same is happening with one of my friend using 5S but the other also having 5S does does not get this reply option when he swipe on the lock screen. View attachment 38571

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums
How is it a security breach? You still can not get in the phone. You can reply, but that's all you can do. And why not a quick reply from the lock screen? It's quick! That's the whole point!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Last edited: