Quick reply with "no preview"

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by larryo108, Jun 10, 2014.

1. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

I have my messages notifications set to off for "show preview" because I like to keep my texts private until I choose to respond. My question is, does the quick reply work with this feature. For instance, in my mind, I would like to still see the banner with "iMessage" as I do now and when I swipe down it will show me the message and I can respond immediately. My question is, does it work this way? Also, can you quick reply from the notification center like you can from the lockscreen?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I would assume you can still quick reply even with the privacy setting turned on where you don't see the actual text, only the notification.

As for quick reply from the notification center, I believe right now on iOS 7 and before, you can only click it and it takes you to the message.

Where are you accessing the show preview setting?

I would wait for someone who is on the iOS 8 beta though.

#2 MoneyMaker79, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  3. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

The show preview setting is in "Notification Center --> Messages"

I hope you are correct that it will still quick reply with the privacy setting and you would see the full message when you swipe down.

And I agree that is the current operation of messages in the notification center. But ios8, gives the ability to quick reply from the lock screen. I am hoping for the same from the notification center.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I just tested it on iOS 7.0.6. I don't use notification center all that much, but that's cool that you can quick reply from there. I don't believe they will change that, but they will make it so you can quick reply from any app or home screen etc.

5. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

Has anyone been able to answer this through the betas?