Quick Reply

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Do people think Apple to iOS 7?
They added it to the Mac OS.
I just don't understand why Apple have not added it well before now...

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't understand either, but I bet we'll have it by iOS 8. We've had it with Cydia apps for five years and it's really useful. Android doesn't have it as a stock messaging app feature either.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Yeah, do you think it could be due to security issue, where anyone could send or at least reply to a text if you just left your phone on your desk or somewhere stupid ?

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, do you think it could be due to security issue, where anyone could send or at least reply to a text if you just left your phone on your desk or somewhere stupid ?
No, I don't think it's that. If you leave your phone unattended with no pass code lock, you have bigger problems than people being able to text while in another app. I think Apple likes to stagger features so we have a few big ones every year. They also might think it would confuse people, though that's ridiculous. They said using the volume button for a camera shutter would confuse people and temporarily pulled the third party app that snuck the feature...and then they included it as a stock iOS feature a year later.