Quickly restored after major lag

Dec 8, 2008
N
I did it right after 3 days. I couldnt stand the horrrible lag. And it wasn't even that much fun. Thr only cool thing was the theme. Which should came with the phone anyways. I cant believe Apple ****sux defend this bullshit. I still love it tho

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I did it right after 3 days. I couldnt stand the horrrible lag. And it wasn't even that much fun. Thr only cool thing was the theme. Which should came with the phone anyways. I cant believe Apple ****sux defend this bullshit. I still love it tho
I know lots of the iPhone users love the jailbroken iPhone...especially the cool themes! - but this tread here is one more reason for me not to go for it!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
u get used to it picazzo
I still love that smooth feeling on my iPhone - and there is no lags, no freezing, no crash...."you'll get used to it"....no, not for the themes! (That would be the reason why I jailbreak..)

dsegel

Aug 13, 2008
Lag is really a Winterboard problem, right? It has nothing to do with jailbreaking, and there are other advantages to jailbreaking (like numeric battery indicator or sbsettings).

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lag is really a Winterboard problem, right? It has nothing to do with jailbreaking, and there are other advantages to jailbreaking (like numeric battery indicator or sbsettings).
I used to love these fancy utilities on my 1V jailbroken/unlocked iPhone. But now I'm on a contract, and as I said - the only reason for me to jailbreak is the customize thing....Winterboard themes/icons

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
The lag plays it's part in a jailbroken phone when apps are opened up and rebooting of the phone. Usually apps take a good 1-3 seconds longer to open up. Also start up time is a bit longer but bearable. At least that is what I experience. A quick reset a day can minimize some lag but will eventually catch up as apps are continued to be open.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
In my experience this is incorrect. The lag we're talking about is inherent to the jailbreak itself. There are methods out there that claim to eliminate it, but I haven't tried any of them. I don't really miss jailbreaking these days. It used to be much more important, IMHO.