Quickpwn is not working

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
I have used Quickpwn 3 times now on my 1st gen iPhone and it will not work... it gets through the process but on the last step it never restarts the phone. So i manualy restart the phone and no installer no cyndi? if thats the right name :( please help me im dying to try the JB on my old phone be4 i do it to my 3G because i have seen some things i love but at the same time my old phone got really buggy and i think it was because of jailbreaking...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Try uninstalling QuickPwn and then re-installing it.
It did the trick for me.

H

Hayesimus

well i'm having an issue myself
i can't get started at all. I downloaded quickpwn.
i open it.
it says to detect iPhone and click blue button.
when i click blue button something pops up saying there is an issue and i need to continue or quit
i continue... nothing happens.
i quit... it close quickpwn...

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
ok im trying it again but on the part where it tells me how to put it into DFU mode, it shuts the phone off by the buttons it tells me to hold.. can someone link me the right file of quickpwn to download so atleast i know im using the right version.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
ok im trying it again but on the part where it tells me how to put it into DFU mode, it shuts the phone off by the buttons it tells me to hold.. can someone link me the right file of quickpwn to download so atleast i know im using the right version.
The iClarified tutorial has all the correct software you need (for PC).

Try getting it in DFU this way...

Turn your speaker volume up. When Quickpwn tells you to hold down home and power together, do so. When you hear the sound your computer makes when you plug in a USB device let go of the power button (the one at the top ) and keep pressing the home button (the round on at the bottom). When you hear the USB sound again let go of the home button.

Hope that helps.

gamedude9742

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
USA
i always find a way to get it to go into the DFU mode after trying a few times.. and it goes through the process but when i go to my homescreen it dosnt show installer and the other one cyndi or w/e