Quotes that Resonate with You

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Anything that struck a chord. Something you read, heard, someone said to you, from something you watched.

Please reference the source though Anonymous or Forgotten is good too. :)

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
"I never understand how a young couple starting out in life, can buy a televsion set or a sofa or a bed... don't they know that a table comes first... that everything else that has to do with starting out in life, with becoming a family, revolves around the table."

Adam Gopnik, CBC radio Interview regarding Book, The Table Comes First

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
"Those most preoccupied with Titles, are usually those Least deserving of them"

A quote on my ex Fire Chiefs office wall. When he retired, he wouldn't let me take it :(

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
" Bring me solutions not problems"
I used to say this all the time. One of my old captains picked it up and still uses it.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Great topic. I have lots but one that comes right to mind is from F Scott Fitzgerald in Diamond as Big as the Ritz:

His was a great sin who first invented consciousness. Let us lose it for a few hours.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
"It is excellence seeping Into you."

Rugaby's recent reply to a poster here @ EiC complaining of "funny feeling" after prolonged use of new iPhone 4S

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
"Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!”
― Jack Kerouac

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Tnakajima702

Bronze
Nov 23, 2011
"Mo money, Mo problems."
-Notorious BIG

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
"Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!”
― Jack Kerouac

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Like the Thompson one a lot. May need to find a way to add it to my Dr. Gonzo Gelaskin for the iPad 2. :)

RonR6

Jan 15, 2012
I forgot more than you will ever know

(L)

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Arizona
Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy