R&D with Transparent Display

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
eiC does a great job of reporting Apple stuff. When I find an interesting piece of tech that is not directly related to Android I think of sharing it here as the one thing I've in common with all of is an enthusiasm for tech in general.

Sometimes I feel the article isn't as well received primarily because I've a reputation for favouring another platform. I try to take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes I fail at this.

Anyway, this is just a prototype. I know Apple doesn't present stuff until it's finished well. Maybe though some of you though might enjoy the cutting edge.

If you want to knock it on its own merits or lack thereof, fine. I hope though that I'm not the reason you don't give it half a chance.

Lastly a disclaimer, I'm pretty sure that a certain vendor leads in this category. I'm not trying to push that. It just so happens that my RSS feeds are heavily influenced by that interest.

see through.jpg

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2012/02/29/is-the-future-this-see-through-3d-desktop/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: Ohgizmo (OhGizmo!)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
eiC does a great job of reporting Apple stuff. When I find an interesting piece of tech that is not directly related to Android I think of sharing it here as the one thing I've in common with all of is an enthusiasm for tech in general.

Sometimes I feel the article isn't as well received primarily because I've a reputation for favouring another platform. I try to take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes I fail at this.

If you want to knock it on its own merits or lack thereof, fine. I hope though that I'm not the reason you don't give it half a chance.

Lastly a disclaimer, I'm pretty sure that a certain vendor leads in this category. I'm not trying to push that. It just so happens that my RSS feeds are heavily influenced by that interest.
Looks cool but IMO you're better off dropping your cautious intro and disclaimer. We know you by now and where you're coming from for the most part. I for one am over your "running off" of a favored forum member. Others may not be but that's between you and them. The fact that said member is still estranged says something about his makeup (or his indifference to those who love him) that speaks for itself, IMHO. I understand that you might feel like you're walking on eggshells around here but the pretense of that (as presented in this post and others) is honestly getting tiresome. Not that I don't wish you'd just bug off sometimes but maybe if you dropped your guard a bit you might find less need for it.

Maybe I'm way off base here (maybe a PM would have been more appropriate?) and if so I apologize to you and the other concerned parties. I just had to get this off my chest and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so. Maybe not so perfect, but alas, there it is. :)

iphoneint

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Well I am fairly new to the forum, so no issues with the history for me. So, I wanted to thank you for sharing this, I had not seen it mentioned in the normal feeds that I read.

I seem to like the idea of that sort of display, but I am concerned with the ability to read the pages if the transparancy starts to impact the contrast. And if you do not have some transparancy you would not be able to see the windows behind the front one so him reaching for one in the back would be very difficult.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
We've had some differences in the past, but I'd say they're pretty much over now, at least on my part. It's not strange that two people with different opinions about certain things, like iPhones and Androids, would start arguing, but that's truly behind me now and I hope it is with you as well.

That seems like a nice invention, but I'm too lazy to be doing the stuff the guy in the picture is doing. lol