Radio Streaming?

Mar 12, 2008
Looking to know if I can stream radio on the iPhone (WIFI) like bbc radio 5 live for sport etc...

I know that there is flytunes and iradio etc but none of these have channels from ireland or the UK that I can stream live radio on..

one example - I would like to stream live radio from bbc 5 live sport when matches are on etc - obviously I don't want a podcast as I want this to be live..

Anyone know if there is something around there to let me do this on iPhone?

:confused:

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Looking to know if I can stream radio on the iPhone (WIFI) like bbc radio 5 live for sport etc...

I know that there is flytunes and iradio etc but none of these have channels from ireland or the UK that I can stream live radio on..

one example - I would like to stream live radio from bbc 5 live sport when matches are on etc - obviously I don't want a podcast as I want this to be live..

Anyone know if there is something around there to let me do this on iPhone?

:confused:
Do you know what the stream is? If it's an mp4 stream I would imagine you could do it, but I'm not sure.

bosphil

Bronze
Jan 28, 2008
If you have a PC at home to use as a server you can try ORB. I use it to stream XM, Sirius and virgin radio to my iPhone. Google orb to find it. You can stream movies that are on your PC too.

DK001

Jan 22, 2009
I am glad I found your question because I created an App for streaming Radio. In case your curious it is called "Talk Radio" In the next 2 weeks we are going to post new Sports and BBC shows to stream but right now we have a general mix of political views to listen with your iPod Touch or iPhone. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the App.

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
I'm really looking for this too, all the links on the BBC Site appear to be .ram streams though and I think that may be the problem.

Although on my Windows Mobile device I use this link to listen to BBC 5 Live:-

mms://wmlive.bbc.net.uk/wms/radio5/5Live_int_s1

Craig

craiggiarc

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
OK, I've just done a bit of searching around and I am successfuly streaming BBC Radio 5 Live on my iPod touch.

Here's what I did:-

1. Installed this free app called FStream

2. Navigated to this URL where they list all of the BBC Radio Stream address.

3. Added the stream and BOOM, Radio 5 Live loud and clear on my iPod touch..for Free!

There is a more detailed tutorial available here, I can't really take all of the credit!

Craig

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Wow, thanks :). I'll have to try it out whenever my iPhone shows up.

I just wish they had a video streaming app (where it can accept asx/mms streams).