Raise your hand if you started a new line on Verizon for the iPhone 5...

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Hayesimus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

Raise your hand if you started a new line on Verizon for the iPhone 5 and you were shocked when you found out you HAD to get that stupid Share Everything plan which when added with a modest 2 GB data plan will run you around 120 a month after taxes...

It's ridiculous that you are forced into an unlimited talk and text plan if you have an iPhone. I hardly ever make calls. I text and get on the internet all day. Well, if you are in the same boat... I may have found a loophole. I wasn't even trying to do anything about it but in the process of taking care of some other businesss, I think I found a pleasant surprise. I won't know for sure until I call Verizon back after work tomorrow night so I will wait to give you the details about what I am typing until then.

Just wanted to start this thread now so I could see if there was anyone else in my boat. :)
    If so, then chime in and stay tuned until tomorrow night for the details of what I hope to have inadvertently accomplished. :p And it's nothing illegal. It's what Verizon told me to do to solve another matter. Again. All the details tomorrow evening. :p

2. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Wouldn't you be able to get a crappy device on the first line, remove features, and just have the data package on the new line? That's what the Verizon rep told me when I went to buy a case and told her I paid retail price for the iPhone 5, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

3. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

I was thinking of switching and when I called verizon to find a plan identical to my att plan for 2 iPhones the bill was $190 month before taxes which is crazy I pay $165 after taxes on att with unlimited data and messaging 700m shared but I have free mobile to mobile and over 10k rollover minutes.

4. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

Altjx I have no clue what you are talking about. I'm talking about people starting a brand new single line. Well long story short, my buddy who has a traditional plan did an assumption of liability on my account meaning it was taken out of my name, then my plan was altered to fit his current plan, then I assumed the line back into my name. Now I have 450 anytime minutes, unlimited text and 2 gb of data. And I may only be saving 10 or 15 dollars after taxes and things but I'd still say its worth it. But if you are a big talker then you might as well stick with the unlimited talk and text.

5. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Contributor
    Bronze

Oh also as an FYI, when you assume a line it reduces that line's contract from the full 2 years down to 1 year. So now, I have a brand new iPhone 5 AND I am eligible for an upgrade in April. Lol! The reason we did the assumption was so that I could swap my old number that was still on his plan with throne they gave me for the iPhone. The rest of that stuff I found out by accident. Figured I would pass on the news for anyone that could use it.