Raise your hand if you started a new line on Verizon for the iPhone 5...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
Raise your hand if you started a new line on Verizon for the iPhone 5 and you were shocked when you found out you HAD to get that stupid Share Everything plan which when added with a modest 2 GB data plan will run you around 120 a month after taxes...

It's ridiculous that you are forced into an unlimited talk and text plan if you have an iPhone. I hardly ever make calls. I text and get on the internet all day. Well, if you are in the same boat... I may have found a loophole. I wasn't even trying to do anything about it but in the process of taking care of some other businesss, I think I found a pleasant surprise. I won't know for sure until I call Verizon back after work tomorrow night so I will wait to give you the details about what I am typing until then.

Just wanted to start this thread now so I could see if there was anyone else in my boat. :)
If so, then chime in and stay tuned until tomorrow night for the details of what I hope to have inadvertently accomplished. :p And it's nothing illegal. It's what Verizon told me to do to solve another matter. Again. All the details tomorrow evening. :p

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Wouldn't you be able to get a crappy device on the first line, remove features, and just have the data package on the new line? That's what the Verizon rep told me when I went to buy a case and told her I paid retail price for the iPhone 5, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I was thinking of switching and when I called verizon to find a plan identical to my att plan for 2 iPhones the bill was $190 month before taxes which is crazy I pay $165 after taxes on att with unlimited data and messaging 700m shared but I have free mobile to mobile and over 10k rollover minutes.

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
Altjx I have no clue what you are talking about. I'm talking about people starting a brand new single line. Well long story short, my buddy who has a traditional plan did an assumption of liability on my account meaning it was taken out of my name, then my plan was altered to fit his current plan, then I assumed the line back into my name. Now I have 450 anytime minutes, unlimited text and 2 gb of data. And I may only be saving 10 or 15 dollars after taxes and things but I'd still say its worth it. But if you are a big talker then you might as well stick with the unlimited talk and text.

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
Oh also as an FYI, when you assume a line it reduces that line's contract from the full 2 years down to 1 year. So now, I have a brand new iPhone 5 AND I am eligible for an upgrade in April. Lol! The reason we did the assumption was so that I could swap my old number that was still on his plan with throne they gave me for the iPhone. The rest of that stuff I found out by accident. Figured I would pass on the news for anyone that could use it.