Ran into a problem with iPhoneSIMFree

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'm on a mac and I have v1.1.1 on my phone and was trying to go through the unlock process. The instructions say to download the 1.0.2 firmware and gives an address at Apple but after unzipping the file the required firmware (as far as I can see, and as is described in the instructions) is not there. Lots of other unfamiliar stuff there but no: iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw The folder enclosing the other bits and pieces has that name but there's not a file with that name that I can select.

Kinda got stopped dead in my tracks. Anyone have a clue?

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
what is the file that you downloaded? If it is iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ZIP then that is iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw you just need to rename the extension from ZIP to IPSW, do not unzip it!

And if the file that you downloaded is around 92mb then it is definitely the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw, then just rename the extension..

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'm using safari to download it so it comes over as a .zip file. The actual file that comes over is: iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw.zip. Am I suppose to just remove the .zip extension and select that file?