Random capitalization in the middle of a sentence after deleting some text?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Have you noticed when you delete something the shift key lights up mid-sentence? I'm talking about when there is no period or other punctuation there. So irritating

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
I've had it do it, when the word I deleted was capitalized, but not just randomly.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have had this happen, but only when I have accidentally left the text window and then entered it again to complete what I was typing. It treats it like you are starting a new sentence, and thereforee capitalizes the first letter of the newly entered text.

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
I've had it happen, I assumed the phone thought I was starting a new sentence. Can't remember the exact circumstances, but from memory I was interrupted by something after I had part-deleted the sentence.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
No it's not me that's the problem. I delete a few of the most recent words in a sentence, none of which were capitalized, and the shift arrow lights up. It is really annoying and has happened on every iPhone I've owned

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I experience this frequently. It didn't used to be a problem; it was either iOS 4 or iOS 5 betas where I started noticing it.

It also happens now if I tap on a text box that I've already entered text in. The cursor always seems to default to a capital, no matter what context it falls in.

Status
Not open for further replies.