Random Post On Screen Durability

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So I had been using the Crystal Film screen covers for my iPhone and recently took it off to clean it and apply it again. I vaguely remember the process as it was a Friday at work I think and I was pretty sure I put a brand new one on.

So I continue to carry my iPhone like I always do (I do use an Agent 18 case) by carrying it in my back pocket or front pocket if I am seated. I have gone to Christmas parties and passed it around as folks always want to check it out... I have put it in the middle console of my car with the assurance that it can flop around a bit.. it is protected..

So just yesterday I am wondering why my screen keeps getting SO smudgy as that was my favorite thing about the Crystal Film in that it minimizes the smudges..

Come to find out, I had never put a Crystal Film back on and I have been going around with my screen totally unprotected....

No scratches whatsoever.. pretty sweet..

Thanks again Apple for using quality materials!

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i have never used a case or screen protector for my iPhone yet i carry it in my pocket and what not and lay it around and there is not one single scratch on the screen or the casing of the iPhone.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
You know I go back and forth on the crystal film. It's a bit of a trade off. The colors aren't quite as vibrant as an unprotected screen but hardly any smudges. So far I've always kept the screen protector on. I love the way the freshly cleaned unprotected screen looks though.

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Could be better. Also, there have been many others not as lucky as you. These screens have been cracked, scratched, etc. So the glass is not as tough as you think :laugh2:

In fact, my friend had successfuly dropped the phone down a long set of carpeted stairs, and slamming into a dry wall without a scratch. Yet, his gf was able to put a crack on the screen just by "dropping" it on concrete. sad....

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You know I go back and forth on the crystal film. It's a bit of a trade off. The colors aren't quite as vibrant as an unprotected screen but hardly any smudges. So far I've always kept the screen protector on. I love the way the freshly cleaned unprotected screen looks though.
I actually like the tactile (sp ?) "feeling" of the Crystal Film better than the naked screen.. Maybe weird but it just seems to have the right amount of grip or tack, instead of complete slipperyness (I am making up too many words here possibly:p)...

I also think the Crystal Film takes nothing away from the clarity of the screen. I have used a LOT of screen covers and the CF has truly impressed me.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I actually like the tactile (sp ?) "feeling" of the Crystal Film better than the naked screen.. Maybe weird but it just seems to have the right amount of grip or tack, instead of complete slipperyness (I am making up too many words here possibly:p)...

I also think the Crystal Film takes nothing away from the clarity of the screen. I have used a LOT of screen covers and the CF has truly impressed me.
I absolutely agree about the clarity of the protector. I've tried dozens of different ones on my Palm T/X and Treo and they always look terrible. You can't even tell the Crystal Film is there on the iPhone.