Random ReBoot (iOS 5)

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
My wife has an iPhone 4 with Verizon. Since upgrading to iOS 5, her phone has been randomly rebooting roughly 2 to 3 times a week. She is not jailbroken or anything else. I'm not on iOS 5 so I can't compare our phones. Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea what may be causing this and any fixes? Thanks is advance!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
My wife has an iPhone 4 with Verizon. Since upgrading to iOS 5, her phone has been randomly rebooting roughly 2 to 3 times a week. She is not jailbroken or anything else. I'm not on iOS 5 so I can't compare our phones. Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea what may be causing this and any fixes? Thanks is advance!

Restore as new phone and report back. Before that try a couple reboots. Hold power and home
Button until the screen goes black and then release the home button.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I have witnessed random reboots from time to time, on all OS's. I've not noticed it happening as often as your partners phone, though.

Try a hard-reset and see how you get on, alternatively you can restore the phone and set up as new.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Before that try a couple reboots. Hold power and home
Button until the screen goes black and then release the home button.
This is actually the hard reset that iPhonewarrior referred to. Continue holding both buttons until the white Apple appears on the screen, then release both.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Alright we will try all that y'all talked about and see what we come up with. I think we may have to go straight to restoring it as new. I need to check all her apps, maybe it is an incompatible one that is causing this. Thanks for all the responses. Will get back with you.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Didn't you two just repeat what I said? ;)
No. You called it a reboot, which it isn't. And you said to hold buttons until the screen goes black, which is not correct. And you said to release the Home button only, when what you do is release both buttons.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Well we tried a hard reset and it happened again today. I will just restore it as new and see if that helps. A couple of times a week would not really bother me but she is freaking out about it, lol.