Random ReBoot (iOS 5)

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by IceCold357, Oct 30, 2011.

1. IceCold357

IceCold357 Contributor
    Silver

My wife has an iPhone 4 with Verizon. Since upgrading to iOS 5, her phone has been randomly rebooting roughly 2 to 3 times a week. She is not jailbroken or anything else. I'm not on iOS 5 so I can't compare our phones. Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea what may be causing this and any fixes? Thanks is advance!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Restore as new phone and report back. Before that try a couple reboots. Hold power and home
    Button until the screen goes black and then release the home button.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I have witnessed random reboots from time to time, on all OS's. I've not noticed it happening as often as your partners phone, though.

Try a hard-reset and see how you get on, alternatively you can restore the phone and set up as new.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

This is actually the hard reset that iPhonewarrior referred to. Continue holding both buttons until the white Apple appears on the screen, then release both.

5. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Didn't you two just repeat what I said? ;)

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Don't forget to update all your apps in iTunes...make sure they are all ios5 compatible...

7. IceCold357

IceCold357 Contributor
    Silver

Alright we will try all that y'all talked about and see what we come up with. I think we may have to go straight to restoring it as new. I need to check all her apps, maybe it is an incompatible one that is causing this. Thanks for all the responses. Will get back with you.

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

No. You called it a reboot, which it isn't. And you said to hold buttons until the screen goes black, which is not correct. And you said to release the Home button only, when what you do is release both buttons.

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I posted just after you did. We were probably writing at the same time. Look at the time stamps.

It doesn't matter if information has been repeated, it's if the correct information has been passed that counts.

10. IceCold357

IceCold357 Contributor
    Silver

Well we tried a hard reset and it happened again today. I will just restore it as new and see if that helps. A couple of times a week would not really bother me but she is freaking out about it, lol.