Random reboots on jailbroken iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by tom112089, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tom112089

tom112089 Member
    Bronze

Ok my problem is kind of serious. I have an iPhone 3GS. I have had it for 2 and a half years. It is becoming more and more unreliable. It constantly shuts of at random and doesn't turn back on. It will try to boot us and just turn right back off when it boots up. Then eventually after a few times it says plug in to power source. Then I do and when it boots up I have like 50% battery left. If the phone is sitting there it will be ok but if I start to use it it turns off. It only stays on at 100% battery. Once it drops to 99 it's free game to shut off at any given moment. And also it will stay on if plugged in to a power source. People have said buy a new battery and I did. After installing the new battery It was ok for a few weeks and then started shutting off randomly again. The problem it is getting worse as the days go by. At this point I don't even bring it out with me cause It is so unreliable it seems pointless. Iv noticed it is more frequent when the Internet is being used. And if i open camera app it shuts off in about 5 seconds. I have a 3GS running iOS 5.1 jailbroken with snowbreeze. I really don't want to waste my upgrade on a new phone now if the iPhone 5 is comming out soon. Is there anything I can do to at least get my phone manageable until then?

Edit as of 2/14/12:
    ok i kept it in safe mode for 2 days and it seemed to be working ok. im guessing that means its a faulty mobile substrate extension or somthing. i have no idea of how to figure this out though so some help would be greatly appriciated. and also now the everythingicafe app on my phone wont open and the site wont load in safari so i have to do this on the computer. i even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still does not work.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Have you tried removing the jailbreak to see if it gets any better?

#2 Napoleon PhoneApart, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  3. tom112089

tom112089 Member
    Bronze

Not yet but I'm going to try running it in safe mode for a few days to see how it runs. I utilize much of the jailbreak features like my own custom made theme and lock seconds (which I could do with out) but I don't think i can live without irealsms and quick reply. It is the worst to have to open the SMS app respond then go back to what I was doing. If it is a jailbreak app or mod how could I figure out which one it is?

4. tom112089

tom112089 Member
    Bronze

Would crash reporter work to decipher it?

5. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

What you describe could easily point to a water damaged iPhone.....or a failing battery....or even a dodgy Cydia app... SafeMode may be a good place to start....;)

6. tom112089

tom112089 Member
    Bronze

I left it in safe mode all day and it didn't shut off till tonight when I took it out of safe mode cause the default alert sounds were annoying me since all my coworkers have an iPhone and they're all the same. I couldn't tell who's phone was going off so I took it out. It was ok till I started using it then it did it again. I got crash reporter and turned syslog on and I'm going to look next time it does it. I may need help figuring out what it is though