Random volume icon in the middle of screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

The volume icon randomly appears in the middle of the screen. Sometimes it happens when I pinch zoom, and other times when I do nothing at all. It is extremely annoying, anyone else get this? Is there any way to fix it?
    [​IMG]

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you certain that you didn't accidentally press the volume button.

Again, please stop starting a new thread for each one of your iOS problems and concerns. You must have ten or more of them by now. Please consolidate them into one thread. They won't get passed over just because they aren't in their own thread. Thanks.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You must have a possessed phone! I would take it to Apple ASAP and get it replaced. I don't think I've ever seen a device with this many 'issues'!

4. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I still am experiencing the random mute/unmute bell. Help! I'm going nuts

5. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

You really should have taken it to Apple by now. It's been at least three months since you mentioned this problem. It's obvious that there is probably nothing anyone here can do to help, so take it in and be done with it. Why torture yourself with those problems? ;-)

Sent from my iPad 3 (64GB)

6. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

I was hoping I could fix it. If I take it in I'll prob get a refurb. Can I get it replaced/fixed without wasting one of my two $50 replacements from AppleCare +?

7. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

Ha, mine does that sometimes as well. Only happens when I use a Logitech dock I have in the loft. You using anything like that?

8. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I would image so. It's not any fault of yours, is it? If not, it should be covered with no deductible and doesn't count against your quota of self-mishaps. If so, then there is a USD$49 deductible. (I just found out about this in another thread) :)

9. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Wait so there is a deductible even for non-self inflicted regular warranty issues too?

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

iDevice replacement for hardware/software warranty issues are @ no charge.
    Incidental damage (water exposure and damage due to drop) are @ the 49 dollar price for up to 2 claims.

11. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

Yes–what he said. :-D

12. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Oh ok sorry I misread your post, that's what I thought, thanks. Will I get a refurb if they replace it under factory warranty?

13. snowtrooper1966

Gold

No way to tell, really.
    You may be able to ask the Genius.
    From what I understand, all replacements come in a black box with no accessories. If they are refurbs or new, only Apple knows and I bet they are not telling.

I have no problems with a refurb. By in large, that term has a negative connotation. probably due to folks experience with refurbs from other manufacturers.
    Apple refurbs, from what I understand, are top notch.
    Internal components are thouroughly gone through, probably better than production line iPhones.
    Anything you touch or see, all the external parts, are new.

14. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

Refurbs have a different serial number format. When I had a 3G, I was given two replacements and at the time, there was a thread about refurbished serial numbers. I believe refurbs started with a 5 or something–I don't recall off-hand.