RANT the movies

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
so,

today i went to the movies, i went to see BOLT, i love it now and cant wait to get the blueray when it comes out.

so i went to the movies today, i don't like people much so i went to the 8:15 pm showing so that there could be less people, well i got there with my gf, there was a family there, that was cool, i did one of those tings when you get there and there are people that have their feet up on the seat that you want and kinda have to do that , exuse me, sorry [that you are a jack ass and put your feet up] can i sit there?

well they did the annoyed look thing and put their feet down.

we sat down, and a kid started talking, that is ok, i guess it is a kid movie and i expected that is there where kids there, [not sure why they'd be there at 8 pm anyway] but then the mother started talking, "look it is like our puppy" dude? shut the ef up, let us watch the movie, and the kid too, he was watching and she was trying to relate to it, why he was into it anyway....

then the dude that was there, [seemed to be dating her and the kid was not his] started talking, she shushed him and he walked out mad, this hommie was there, 4 rows up, he yelled "yp lets go" all loud as the film was on. that too was annoying.

what the ef is this a freaking interactive movie, that the audiance talks durring the movie?

they return, the kid is fine there, she starts talking to him again, asking about the movie and what not, again i annoyed, the dude comes back and they talk again, then yells to his homie, again, a few rows down, "yo, did you see that?"

he replied, "yes!"

i was kicked in the back a few times, to , i was about to stand up and kic khis mother loving ass but jess asked me that i keep it cool, and forget about it, i missed some of the movie due to turning around and trying to filter them out, i wanted to get out of there but wanted to finish the movie to.

aggg

well that is it, either im a cry baby or im right, they are idiots.

thanks for reading [if u got this far]

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
LOL, I read the whole thing and you're right....people can be ***holes. That's why I hardly go to the movies anymore.

And I've found Sunday after 7 is the best time to avoid people :)

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
If you have an Xbox 360, they have Netflix on it now...watching movies in the privacy (and idiot-free environment) of your home FTW!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
yes that sux. sometimes you can complain to mng and they will give you a free pass to another movie. Sometimes. Next time that happens, get on your phone and start making calls ans blabbering loudly until one those a-holes complains.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
these idiots where the gangster type, i could have, and would have kicked their asses but jes asked me not to so i just stayed there, doing noting

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. If I were you I would have kept standing up and switching seats slowly with my wife, blocking their view, and if they had anything to say about that I would have just let them know I didn't think they were watching the movie anyway with all the chatting they were doing. As to not hijack your thread I started a thread on movie theatre etiquette, so the kids who have not been taught manners can learn them here. Maybe they will realize how much people get pissed off at people without manners. Is there even a term for people who don't use manners? Maybe we should come up with one.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I feel your pain, jj. I went to the movies with my younger daughter a few months ago, and there were these 5 high school kids throwing skittles at some girls a few rows in front of us, and it was annoying enough, but when a piece of candy hit my daughter in the arm, I had to have a talk with them. I told them if they threw another piece of candy, I would take them all outside and kick their asses. One kid said he didn't do it, and I told him since I don't know who did and didn't do it, I would kick all their asses. No problem after that. I did drop the F bomb a few times to emphasize my anger and seriousness. That kinda crap ruins an otherwise nice trip to the movies.

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
that stinks. Some people just don't know how to act in public.

I tried to see Bolt but my son freaked over the action-packed beginning (way too much for him I guess) and we had to leave right after I noticed Penny's agent had an iPhone.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's all about entitlement. There are a growing number of people on this planet that think that they are entitled to do whatever they want. And while I suspect that many know better, I think that most were raised that way, taking some parental advice from their childhood and twisting it up so that being courteous doesn't even occur to them. They were all probably told how important and special they were growing up, and somehow they turned it into the worst possible scenario, thinking that they have the right to interrupt everyone else in a public setting.
Damn I wish todays parents were allowed to administer corporal punishment to the ones that deserve it, instead of worrying about the kid calling child services.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's all about entitlement. There are a growing number of people on this planet that think that they are entitled to do whatever they want. And while I suspect that many know better, I think that most were raised that way, taking some parental advice from their childhood and twisting it up so that being courteous doesn't even occur to them. They were all probably told how important and special they were growing up, and somehow they turned it into the worst possible scenario, thinking that they have the right to interrupt everyone else in a public setting.
Damn I wish todays parents were allowed to administer corporal punishment to the ones that deserve it, instead of worrying about the kid calling child services.
Great post, Hawk!

Bring corporal punishment (within reason) back to the schools.

I've also grown sick and tired of the emphasis on making every child feel "unique" and "special." It's fine to encourage a child, but this excessive coddling has to stop. When the child becomes an adult, he (or she) finds that he really isn't so special in the eyes of the world.

Many things bug me about this:

The game of tag being outlawed at many schools.

Making a gun with a thumb and finger in school is a no-no.

Everyone
gets a trophy! No losers here! Everyone's a winner!

You flunked the course miserably. Here -- I gave you a D to spare you the abject humiliation of having to do it over.

And so on and so on...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This is why I don't go to the movies anymore. I do like watching movies at home in big groups of friends that know when to STFU, though.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
I feel your pain, jj. I went to the movies with my younger daughter a few months ago, and there were these 5 high school kids throwing skittles at some girls a few rows in front of us, and it was annoying enough, but when a piece of candy hit my daughter in the arm, I had to have a talk with them. I told them if they threw another piece of candy, I would take them all outside and kick their asses. One kid said he didn't do it, and I told him since I don't know who did and didn't do it, I would kick all their asses. No problem after that. I did drop the F bomb a few times to emphasize my anger and seriousness. That kinda crap ruins an otherwise nice trip to the movies.
you gotta be a good time to hang out with.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i don't go to the movies much either...these days i'll go see whatever Woody Allen movie comes out, where the crowd is usually respectable AND Harry Potter, where i expect a lot of kids anyway. im usually so into those movies that i don't care whats happening around me.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I feel your pain, jj.
I went to the movies with my younger daughter a few months ago, and there were these 5 high school kids throwing skittles at some girls a few rows in front of us, and it was annoying enough
Your outing to the movies Jack reminds me of when i saw the movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in the 70s. Just for this one movie only we were allowed and actually encouraged to throw water bombs, rice, rolls of toilet paper, and candy during certain scenes (but who waited for a scene we threw the stuff at the biggest targets whenever we wanted). It was crazy that the theaters let us do this, but the dang movie was packed every saturday night for like 15 years.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I feel your pain, jj.

Your outing to the movies Jack reminds me of when i saw the movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in the 70s. Just for this one movie only we were allowed and actually encouraged to throw water bombs, rice, rolls of toilet paper, and candy during certain scenes (but who waited for a scene we threw the stuff at the biggest targets whenever we wanted). It was crazy that the theaters let us do this, but the dang movie was packed every saturday night for like 15 years.
Did you do the Time Warp?