I am still looking for an answer to this question. I currently have an original iPhone that I had canceled the AT&T contract on back in January (I have a 4 line Sprint contract and was tired of paying the extra $66/month for the iPhone). I am basically using my iPhone as a Touch right now. My plan before the intro of the iPhone 3G was to reactivate my iPhone next January, when my Sprint contract expires, and move all four of my lines to AT&T. My concern is, if I do that what data plan will I be paying for, for my iPhone - $20 or $30/month. If $30/month, I'm thinking seriously about going ahead and reactivating now (or at least before July 11) and hoping to get the $20 plan now. What do you think my plan would be if I wait until January. Final part of question, even if I go ahead and reactivate now, when I change to a Family Plan next January, do you think AT&T would allow me to keep my existing $20 plan or would they force me to go to the $30 plan? I talked to my local AT&T store and they had no idea about these questions. All they were sure of was if I reactivate now, I could still get the $20 plan.