Rattling sound in the iPhone 5c

Discussion in 'iPhone 5C' started by Itsemmaa19, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Itsemmaa19

Itsemmaa19 New Member

I have just noticed that when I shake my IPhone there is a faint rattle, is this normal?
    My phone is working perfectly fine, is it worth going into an Apple Store and asking their advice?

2. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

Some parts can make a noise if the device is shaken. Power button for instance.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Light rattling is normal. Do not worry about this unless the phone is having some sort of performance problem. It's often one of the buttons, but it could also be a moving part of the camera and nothing to be concerned about. However, if the rattling is solid and it feels like there's a big rock moving around in there, it could be a loose battery or something and you will definitely start experiencing problems with the phone.

4. Itsemmaa19

Itsemmaa19 New Member

Okay thank you

5. Anna Yu

Anna Yu New Member

The rattling noise that when you tap lightly on the top of the iphone 5 is the vibrator unit, vibrator unit is actually a tiny motor attached to a piece of off-set metal, it makes your phone "shaky" when is activated, because it design to "shake", so when it is not "shaking", it is loose, that's why you will hear the rattling noise.

To confirm it, you will hear the same thing on the iphone4 (GSM) when tap on top adjacent to the camera. For iphone4s, you tap somewhere just below the micro-sim slot, you will hear that noise too. iphone4 has a typical "motor" looking vibrator, while iphone4s has a rounded, coin-battery looking vibrator.

Hope this helps!