re-reveal? maybe.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by themanofthedark, Jun 15, 2010.

1. themanofthedark

themanofthedark New Member
    Gold

So.

Here I am.

Most of you guys already know me, I'm Sam, and I'm from Boston.

I'm seventeen, going to be eighteen in September.

Since I've been here last, there have been very many changes in my life.

As some of you may know, I went sober in November of 2008. I had a relapse last June, but I've been good since then.

I just graduated high school on the ninth - it was pretty cool.

It feels kind of weird to not have to get up to go to school anymore.

But soon, I'll be off to college and work and other stuff.

Anyways.

On the 29th of June, I'm going to Armenia for some amount of time. I don't know how long just yet, but my girlfriend, Abbie, (who I've been with for almost eight months) is coming with me, and staying for two months. My hope is that I return with her.

I also was found responsible for a crap ticket today - the cop said I blew a stop sign where I clearly stopped, saw him pull up and stop, and then went. But whatever. I don't have time to appeal it, because, again, I'm leaving the 29th.

okay.

I'll probably think of more stuff to add later.

But anyways.

I'm going to be back more often these days.

2. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I'm glad to hear your life is going great. Congratulations on graduating high school, but trust me, university will require so much more effort, but in the same time it's more fun!

Good luck in Armenia, I hope you have fun. And good luck with university!

3. computerfox

computerfox Zealot
    Gold

Congrats!

My best friend is going there as well. He's gonna be doing some video stuff. What made you want to go?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Hey Sam.... always good to see you around again. Glad to hear things are on the relative straight and narrow for ya. Don't stress traffic voilations; there are bigger fish to fry in life. :eek:k:eek:k

Any iPhone plans in your future?

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Don't stress traffic voilations unless you're a Virginia resident. Speeding can cost up to $3000 there.

6. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

I feel for you bro. I got pulled over for the same thing, except the cop was on the right on a two-way cross road with a median with trees, and medium traffic. (as he stated on the ticket) There's no way he could have seen me from where he was behind the trees, and two cars in the two lanes to the right of me entering the intersection at the same time. I took photos, and went in on my court date. Waited over an hour in line, only to have them say that 75-80% of the people in line were contestingtheir tickets and they couldn't take care of everyone so they had to reschedule everyone's dates. So several weeks later, I make the trek back downtown to the courthouse, go through the hassle of finding and paying for parking again, get inside, and they say the District Attorney has an offer. You can pay $100 in court fees, and $60 in dismissal fees, and the (originally $265) ticket will be taken off your record. I said whatever, no, I'm not taking that BS, I want my court appearance. And they say, well we have to get a statement from the officer since he's not here, and we'll notify you by mail of when your court date will be.

That was several weeks ago. In the mean time, I have to assume that I'll be forced to pay the ticket, so that $265 is locked in savings until a verdict is reached. It sucks because I wanted to use that money to buy the iPhone 4 ahead of time so I could sell my 3GS after and not go without the iPhone. Oh well. Sorry to jack your thread, just wanted to say I sympathize with you. They make this crap such a hassle, it's annoying.

Congrats on the milestone, and good reveal. Hang around more.

7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I should mention I was pulled over for a rolling stop at a 4-way stop with one way being a private driveway... a block away from my house as I was going to work. I paid the $175 and moved on with my life. :eek:k:eek:k

8. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

Albeit, still annoying, that's a much more reasonable fee.

9. themanofthedark

Gold

I doubt that I'm going to get back to the iPhone any time soon.

I've really started to like Android a lot - I had the Motorola CLIQ for a long time (it's like the Droid, but for T-Mobile).
    Unfortunately the screen cracked because it fell out of my lap when I was getting out of a car.

Right now, I'm using an old BB Curve, but it's only until I get another CLIQ.

10. themanofthedark

Gold

I don't really want to go at all.

My parents are making me go there before I start college.

*shrugs*

oh well.

11. seanwes

seanwes Zealot
    Gold

Do you like the CLIQ more than the iPhone 4? Or is it more a matter of provider?

12. themanofthedark

Gold

I like the CLIQ better than the iPhone.

Also, I have T-Mobile, and iPhone 4 is for AT&T, and my unlocking days are far gone.