re stocking

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
How often do att stores restock on iPhone 3gs?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Don't know the answer, but there are rumors that some stores are 30 days out from another delivery. I don't put much stock in this and think the best thing to do is make a DF order through ATT and call often to see if any have arrived. You can always cancel your DF order if you get one before it comes in.

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
What's a df order? When ever I call my local AT&T store they give me a bot and tell me to leave a message and a call back number. I can never acually get someone

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What's a df order? When ever I call my local AT&T store they give me a bot and tell me to leave a message and a call back number. I can never acually get someone
Well, that's ATT for you. DF order stands for direct fulfillment. The order is placed and a phone is shipped to the store with your name on it. They then call you to pick up.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I placed my DF order on July 12...still waiting.........

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Not being funny but i actually think ATT are doing a good job on the DF...They can only control the inventory they receive from Apple and that is getting shipped out overnight to fulfill orders, they are not making people wait in lines and when you go to pick up, you're in the store only 10 Mins. Black 16Gb is tougher to get followed by Black 8Gb followed by white 16GB...if you do a DF for a white you'll get it in less than 5 days.. I also have to mention that whilst i was in ATT getting mine activated, in the 10 mins i was there they had about 50 phone calls with people asking them if they had iPhones in stock...In the end they would pick up and say...'Welcome to ATT if this call is regarding iPhone we do not have any stock and are only handling direct fullfillment at this time, how cna i help?'

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
If at all possible go to an Apple store..most AT&T stores have not received any shipments since the 11th.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Well, it seems like I got lucky, sort of. I avoided the nonsense on the 11th and came in later that afternoon and ordered mine via Direct Fulfillment. I got an email today stating it would be at the AT&T store either the 21st or 22nd. So 10-11 day delay isn't TOO bad considering the expected shortages well into August.