Reading books on iPhone is

hitno

Jul 20, 2007
We are developing iPhone optimized site http://BooksoniPhone.com
It is beta version.

If you have iPhone, please visit us and add your suggestions. We will reward every suggestion that was implemented with book of your choice.

ps: In the meantime you can access 20,000+ e-books for free.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
iphone-only site, folks! (But worth checking out!)

--
Mike

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
nice site:), love the add note feature.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
signed up and looked around. Looking good I am going to search around some more after this post. I sent you some feedback. Keep it up we need more iPhone specific sites.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
wow i like it a lot!

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
On-line books are no substitute and never will be for paper books.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
wheres harry potter? how can you not have harry potter? lol i havnt read them in years but while waiting all day in line for my iPhone i picked up the 5th one, and now i want to finish it on my iPhone! (i havnt really been reading it that much since i got my iPhone though lol)

Jul 13, 2007
nice site! i added several things to my list! I like that you can tap on the text to go to the next page.

kim

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
I'm rather leery of a site that asks you to register just to find out what it is.

It's be nice if there was some sort of info about what the heck it is before being asked to fork over your info.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Sweet site! I have been reading from this site. Fairly intuitive interface. But why are the book pages soo short? They are barely longer than the screen and the iPhone scroll function is what I want to speed read with. Is there a setting of how much text is placed onto the iPhone for each "page" of the book?

hitno

Jul 20, 2007
Sweet site! I have been reading from this site. Fairly intuitive interface. But why are the book pages soo short? They are barely longer than the screen and the iPhone scroll function is what I want to speed read with. Is there a setting of how much text is placed onto the iPhone for each "page" of the book?
There is setup button (next to the title of the book you are currently reading) where you can change font size and lenght of page (how many pages to be shown at one time).

You can also just tap on screen to go to next page.

hitno

Jul 20, 2007
On-line books are no substitute and never will be for paper books.
They will never be substitute. Just another way to read your favorite books while you are waiting for someone or you are bored on meeting or you are in bus or waitng room or any other place where is hard to bring 5-6 books in the same time.

http://BooksoniPhone.com can let you read multiple books (and it remembers where you left) and yuo can add quick notes (and share them with others).

Great for reading book in the same time with someone and sharing thoughts and comments.

(Very hard with paper book)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm rather leery of a site that asks you to register just to find out what it is.

It's be nice if there was some sort of info about what the heck it is before being asked to fork over your info.
IIRC the registration was very minimal and not invasive at all. Rather than show you 20,000 titles you add what you like and it's displayed on your "home" screen. It operates very much like a native iPhone app, IMHO.

--
Mike

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I got this yesterday before I saw this thread. I love it. I've been reading all day.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com

ditto that. i chose a user ID and password that i haven't and won't use for any other sites, and gave my designated spam email address. some info up front would help - an "about us" link, faq, anything! i love ebooks and was excited about this site, but was a bit turned off by this...

Jul 28, 2007
Well, I joined the website
I have 3 books in my readlist when I click on them I can't see the book. All I see is "my readlist" & "previous" button on top and "of" word probably page xx of xxx and that's it the rest is blank.

hitno

Jul 20, 2007
Well, I joined the website
I have 3 books in my readlist when I click on them I can't see the book. All I see is "my readlist" & "previous" button on top and "of" word probably page xx of xxx and that's it the rest is blank.
Please try again. We were updating hardware during the weekend. Now we offer upload feature. Users can add their own books, texts, documents, poems, song lyrics etc to their read lists.

Thank you for your patience :laugh2:

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
are any of the harry potter books on here? Also is the Book Perfume on here?
If not what are some great books yall would recommend. I been meaning to pick up reading again